For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

redneck rampage issue

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

redneck rampage issue

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Zeur was trying for the first time the expansion "'suckin' grits on route 66" and because he didn't have the cd image mounted, we noticed an interesting bug/issue. Apparantly, when you don't have the cd on, cheats are completely disabled. He uses them to explore/noclip around the map usually after playing through the map. But suddenly, this is disabled. I didn't hear of this issue before. Is there some patch or something that removes it? And yes this is inside dosbox so no sourceport shenanigans please. Just very odd they have this....

I suppose not many people know these games as they are a bit obscure, but well...

the music toggle in the config file does nothing...also, its just a leftover. another case of something badly coded
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: redneck rampage issue

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I vaguely remember some nightmare now where I became the protagonist of Redneck Rampage and instead of Bubba there was..gamerzw31 aka luke(can't recall that number again now)....

And he'd say "Hi Leo! I've got this UnrealED error, can you help me!?"
and present his laptop and then I'd need to end the level by smacking him with crowbar...

And then I'd wake up with screaming "No!" like Ellen Ripley did from that nightmare at the beginning of Aliens...
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

I wouldn't know about this bug, however I look for source ports by default these days, if I get around to trying RR, I'll let you know which port I'll be recommending for it.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:29 am I wouldn't know about this bug, however I look for source ports by default these days, if I get around to trying RR, I'll let you know which port I'll be recommending for it.
Nothing of that sort will run here, I mean even EDuke32 is broken for this despite officially supporting it, on zeur's machine we were playing it, so basically dosbox is the only option...

I mean this should be possible to patch out, I hope there might be something out there.

Return to “Anything else ?”