For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Still kicking huh

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Jojje94
OldUnreal Member

Still kicking huh

Post by Jojje94 »

Hey y'all. I've been checking in over the years every now and then just to see if the place is still around. Even if I don't play Unreal these days, haven't in a while, and Epic have neglected the franchise in favor of the money printer, I still have my memories.

I don't even know if there's anyone still arounds that remembers Jojje or his old man Dioden, from Sweden, but I'll be self indulgent and post this thread anyways.
On the topic of Dioden, he actually sadly passed away in April 2020 from a sudden heart attack, at the age of 65, and I was 26. I know he still played Unreal co-op now and then later in life so maybe there are people around who remember.
I had half a mind to post a thread around that time to inform anyone who might know him and be wondering, but better late than never eh..

Well! Don't mean to be a downer. I saw the news about how Epic are gonna halt the sales of Unreal games and that got my brain jogging to check in on the old place again.
That map pack released earlier this year looks really cool and I might have to blow the dust off the old copy to check out those maps. And I fully intend to show my girlfriend of 1 year this old game that is so important to me. She's a gamer herself so a co-op campaign is definitely in the future.

I think that's enough, shoutouts Smirftsch, Hyper, .:..:, StalwartUK, Boodaflow, Ageukkeli, anybody I forgot I love you too.

Peace people.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Still kicking huh

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Hi Jojje. ofc I remember Dioden and you, though Dioden a little more. Didn't know he died, my condolences.

Dioden used to go everywhere lol. Impossible to miss.
Spike
OldUnreal Member

Post by Spike »

Miss hanging out with you man. Been a long time since the days of dicking around. Hope you are doing well and sorry for your loss, was unaware of Dioden's passing.

Much love from me and Death~Pax bro.
Jojje94
OldUnreal Member

Post by Jojje94 »

Spike wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:38 am Miss hanging out with you man. Been a long time since the days of dicking around. Hope you are doing well and sorry for your loss, was unaware of Dioden's passing.

Much love from me and Death~Pax bro.
>K·§·A< forever 8)

Return to “Anything else ?”