For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Request: HP Maps conversion to UE4/UT4 using UT4X

This Board features Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (UE1), Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (UE1) and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (UE2).
oreoeater

Request: HP Maps conversion to UE4/UT4 using UT4X

Post by oreoeater »

Hello Guys,

First of all I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post.

Second, I am trying to port the HP1 and HP2 games to UE4. I was able to bring in Harry's model and animation as a test, but then I tried using UT4X to try and convert the maps (Tested HP1 - Lev_Tut1.unr and Snapes_Office.unr).

But UT4X just creates a .t3d file and the log shows that a lot of Actors, Properties, Light, LevelInfo, Brush are not being converted.

Can anyone help me out a bit ? Thanks a lot in advance.
Last edited by oreoeater on Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raf
OldUnreal Member

Re: Request: HP Maps conversion to UE4/UT4 using UT4X

Post by Raf »

Hi, unfortunately I don’t know, but here [1][2] you can find maps and models from the game.
SlipT0D

Post by SlipT0D »

WOW, I see not only me in this days have a big Hogwarts Munch. =) makes me happy..

I'll be happy to play that in HD resolution =)

actually I found some fix, you only need to change the fullscreen res in "game.ini" file, and then Desired fov in "user.ini" file..and the game starts in HD, but in the menu (where is the settings) it's not showing all of the things, the bottom missed there a little bit, but in-game self, all is good, when they talking i see full subtitles.

interesting if there is a fix for it? =) =) and I'll be happy to watch your progress of making happy potter porting =) , message me about the progress please =)
oreoeater

Post by oreoeater »

Hi, unfortunately I don’t know, but here [1][2] you can find maps and models from the game.
I can already extract skeletal mesh (psk) and animation (psa) from HP1, convert to FBX format using Gildor's ActorX import/export scripts for 3ds Max and import into UE4.

Now, I need to create the environments. If the maps (at least the basic structure) could be converted directly to UE4, I could move to lighting, gameplay etc.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

this is a differnt way to do it.

hp map > export to t3d > t3d to unreal227 > delete movers/actors > export map as obj mesh> import into ut4 at staticmesh. your 75% there.keep a eye on multiskins, you may have to do this in intersected chunchs to keep numtextures low, you may need to go back and reassing textures in ut4 etc, but 227 properties will tell you witch goes were.

goback to unreal227 editor, individually convert each mover to brush to staticmesh export, then reimport in ut4 and manually place them in ut4
copy the actors( not movers idt) and make sure there available in ut4 and paste etc

Raf
OldUnreal Member

Post by Raf »

oreoeater, I tried to extract the maps, but nothing worked. I used plugins for 3D max from the game Clive Barker Undying (T3D), the polygons were incorrect (swapping external and internal and so on). The only way that worked was to extract parts as parts of maps in obj, but it is very long and complicated.

BobIsUnreal, could you help with this?
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

not sure i would be able to do better then splitting chunks,would try, but i am not setup atm with harrypotter and ut4 , hp enviroment is on y older harddrive that i dont have online atm.

Return to “Harry Potter Series”