For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Klingon Honor Guard v1.1 Driver Pack (OpenGL/Glide, IV50 Codec)

Please add information, maps, mods, links or anything else related to The Next Generation: Klingon Honor Guard here.
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Klingon Honor Guard v1.1 Driver Pack (OpenGL/Glide, IV50 Codec)

Post by Lurker »

Hello OldUnreal Community!  8-)

This is a unofficial driver pack I've released today for Klingon Honor Guard.
With this you will be able to run KHG in fast OpenGL/Glide mode in high resolutions on newer videocards on Windows Vista/Win7.
I also included the IV50 Codec (Intel Indeo Video) for playing the AVIs in the Movies directory inside the game and playing/editing them outside the game with VirtualDub for instance, providing you have the full installation of KHG on your harddrive.
The Glide driver will also work with Unreal v2.26f.

Code: Select all

======================
 Klingon Honor Guard
 KHG v1.1 Driver Pack
 by Lurker 2015-03-24
======================

This pack includes:

* KHG Version 1.1 NoCD-patched (Khg.exe)

* New Glide Driver for running KHG on Vista/Win7 with
  high-end videocards and in higher resolutions, e.g.
  1280x1024 and 1600x1200. Works with Unreal 1 too!
  (GlideDrv.dll, GlideDrv.int, glide2x.dll)

* KHG OpenGL Driver 1998 for convenience (OGlDrv.dll)

* KHG Old Glide Driver 1998 (..\OldDriver\GlideDrv.dll)

* KHG Config File to setup game with OpenGL/Glide driver
  (Khg.ini)

* IV50 Video Codec Driver for playing KHG Movies (*.avi)
  Read videodriver.txt for installation.

* MD5 Checksums of KHG Movies (*.avi) for comparison.

(Full Installation of KHG + Official Patch v1.1 required for this pack to work!)
Last edited by Lurker on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Re: Klingon Honor Guard v1.1 Driver Pack (OpenGL/Glide, IV50 Codec)

Post by Lurker »

The pack can be downloaded from my ModDB:
[url]http://www.moddb.com/members/lurker2011/downloads/star-trek-klingon-honor-guard-v11-driver-pack[/url]

Enjoy!
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

Those of you who don't own the full retail installation of KHG, it is also possible to replace the old Glide drivers of the KHG demo with this driver pack/patch, except the nocd-patched executable which I included for the retail version only.

Klingon Honor Guard Demo
http://www.fileplanet.com/11160/10000/fileinfo/Klingon-Honor-Guard-Demo

Download and install the demo and just replace the driver files in the System directory with the ones provided in my pack, then re-run KHG. Also edit the KHG.ini config file before and the Engine section for the demo:

[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=OGlDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
RenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice
If you guys need any assistance to setup the newer drivers and run KHG (retail or demo) in high definition then let me know and I can help you with this... I have also successfully setup newer graphics mode drivers for other old and unsupported Unreal-based games, such as DS9.

I emphasize this, because setting up KHG for modern videocards and operating systems can be more difficult than doing so for Unreal, Deus Ex or DS9. That's because even the official KHG patch v1.1 includes very outdated Direct3D and Glide drivers from 1998 to begin with and a hardcoded Core.dll which doesn't know certain DirectX/OpenGL function calls and crashes therefore.

The combination of the newer GlideDrv.dll (RenderDevice) and OGlDrv.dll (GameRenderDevice) does the trick and it is the only one I figured which works properly for KHG's old hardcoded Core.dll Engine! Do NOT use Direct3D (D3DDrv.dll) in conjunction with the Glide driver or any of the Unreal v2.27 modern OpenGL drivers, or KHG will either crash, produce graphics bugs or display other weird behaviour. Unfortunately the possibilities of replacing old KHG rendering drivers with newer ones is very limited in comparison to Unreal. This also means that S3TC high definition texture mode for KHG is most likely not possible, although I haven't tested it yet.
Last edited by Lurker on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

How did you build the drivers?
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

How did you build the drivers?
The OpenGL/Glide drivers (OGlDrv.dll, GlideDrv.dll, glide2x.dll) are based on the publicly released sourcecode headers and libraries of Unreal v2.24, UT v4.32, Rune v1.00/v1.07 and Deus Ex v1112fm. That's why the included GlideDrv.dll in my pack will work perfectly with those games.

The sourcecodes themselves were not written by me. Another German guy called Sebastian Kaufel has all the official headers and sources downloadable on his website for rebuilding with a proper C++ compiler, which I highly recommend:

[url]http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/[/url]

He has also released unofficial headers and libs for Nerf Arena Blast, aswell as already compiled D3DDrv.dll and OpenGLDrv.dll drivers from 2014 for that particular game.

As I pointed out above, some of these source libraries (when properly compiled) may also work with Wheel Of Time (WOT), Nerf Arena Blast, Star Trek DS9 - The Fallen (DS9), Star Trek - Klingon Honor Guard (KHG) and Undying.

The thing is that public sourcecodes for these other titles have not been released by the respective game developers, so it's more difficult but not impossible to re-edit and compile latest graphics drivers for them to work, such as DirectX 9.0 and later versions, because it's heavily dependent on the compiled Core.dll and Engine.dll native code for each game! Otherwise you get game crashes due to unknown DirectX/OpenGL function calls.

Some users may not know it, but each Core.dll and Engine.dll is different for each Unreal-based game, altough the Core.u and Engine.u UnrealScript (*.uc) files may be the same. So not to confuse these two types!
Last edited by Lurker on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Another German guy called Sebastian Kaufel..
..well that's me

Rather interessting that GlideDrv works with these headers, because KHG is a lot different in many regards compared to even Unreal 224.

However, i do have a set of headers build for KHG on my drive, status is ~ Launcher works, but still issues with Window.dll (preferences window does not work), GlideDrv works, D3DDrv/OpenGLDrv run but just have a black screen. My assumption is that WinDrv package in KHG plain lacks needed support for these (or some other changes would need to be done to work around it). My plan for the future is to port SDL2Drv to KHG and and see if it works, which should solve that problem. ALAudio still requires a lot of work to get it building with KHG.

However, as you are working on the KHG stuff, i could upload my current KHG headers and stuff if you are interessted.
Last edited by han on Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

Another German guy called Sebastian Kaufel..
..well that's me
That's great! I'm talking with the right person. :)
Rather interessting that GlideDrv works with these headers, because KHG is a lot different in many regards compared to even Unreal 224.
KHG is based on Unreal v2.19. The "FirstRun" section entry in the Khg.ini Config file reflects that...

[FirstRun]
FirstRun=219
...aswell as the makebuild debug entry at the following offset of the old GlideDrv.dll :

Offset $9E9C: D:\Klingons.219\GlideDrv\Src\UnGlide.cpp
The official KHG v1.1 patch does not provide any newer drivers or engine updates for the game, because the developers didn't update after UnrealEngine v2.19. So that's our task actually. My Driver Pack here updates the new GlideDrv.dll to Unreal v2.24. Thus it is like an unofficial patch "v1.2", half-patched, so to speak, because we can't update the KHG Engine itself to a higher version. So it remains at v2.19 for the most part. And that's why it's complicated to implement new drivers for KHG unlike all the other UE1-based games.
However, i do have a set of headers build for KHG on my drive, status is ~ Launcher works, but still issues with Window.dll (preferences window does not work), GlideDrv works, D3DDrv/OpenGLDrv run but just have a black screen. My assumption is that WinDrv package in KHG plain lacks needed support for these (or some other changes would need to be done to work around it). My plan for the future is to port SDL2Drv to KHG and and see if it works, which should solve that problem. ALAudio still requires a lot of work to get it building with KHG.

However, as you are working on the KHG stuff, i could upload my current KHG headers and stuff if you are interessted.
Yes, I'm very interested in this! Please upload those KHG headers if you can...
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

Here's a third indication that the "latest" KHG v1.1 runs on a very old Unreal 219 altogether,
reflected by the PackageVersion Number $3D in Maps (*.unr), Compiled Scripts (*.u), Texture/Sound/Music Packages (*.utx,*.uax,*.umx), each at Offset $04.

An informative list of mine for PackageVersion Numbers (Identifiers) in UE1 Games, which I'm going to implement in an "Unreal Package Viewer" which I'm currently coding:

$3C = Unreal (Initial/Beta Version older than 219) [Extension: .unr]
$3D = Unreal 219, also used by Klingon Honor Guard v1.1 [Extension: .unr]
$3F = Unreal 220, used by many of the old usermaps [Extension: .unr]
$44 = Unreal 224-226, also used by RTNP, Deus Ex, Wheel of Time [Extensions: .unr,.dx,.wot]
$45 = Unreal Tournament 4xx, also used by Rune [Extensions: .unr,.run]
$49 = DS9-The Fallen, based on a natively modified Unreal 338 (UT?) [Extension: .dsm]

I haven't checked the PackageVersion of Undying gamefiles yet, but it should also be an unique number like for DS9, because Undying also used a natively modified UE1 engine, based on probably the higher versions 3xx to 4xx of Unreal Tournament.
Last edited by Lurker on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

KHG Headers:
http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/nonofficial/KlingonsPubSrc_20150326.zip
Last edited by han on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

Cool. Thanks for your KHG headers and libs.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

I figured out what was the cause of the black screens. Actually   KHG has no SetSceneNode() method on it's rendevs, so it did never get set. However, drawing does work when you put that SetSceneNode( Frame ) in every draw function call. However this is utterly slow, but this is a start! OpenGLDrv for KHG coming soon. :D

/edit:
Found out another things. Seems like that you need to ignore the Palette alpha value for engine versions using PACKAGE_FILE_VERSION
Last edited by han on Fri May 08, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Minor update:
I succeded in build ALAudio for KHG, but there are still some things to fix for it to fully work.
Last edited by han on Mon May 11, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

I figured out what was the cause of the black screens. Actually   KHG has no SetSceneNode() method on it's rendevs, so it did never get set. However, drawing does work when you put that SetSceneNode( Frame ) in every draw function call. However this is utterly slow, but this is a start! OpenGLDrv for KHG coming soon. :D
Very good. I'm looking forward to it. Especially if you manage to fix the "black screen" video bug!

That bug is pretty annoying. Because every KHG singleplayer mission map (M??.unr) points to an AVI briefing and/or cutscene video which is either being played at the beginning, at the end or at both instances of a particular KHG mission. When the "black screen" occurs it blocks almost the whole viewport and KHG has to be to quit and restarted to get rid of it. This screws up the fluent KHG singleplayer experience. So yeah, this bug has to be fixed...

There are also several classes in the big Klingons system package (Klingons.u) which try to access and play the video files. So there is no workaround to get rid of the bug unless the AVI references in every KHG mission map and particular class are removed and rebuilt with UnrealEd and UCC.

Some KHG class examples which refer to the AVI files:

//==================================
// Klingons.KlingonMenuSinglePlayer
//==================================
class KlingonMenuSinglePlayer expands KlingonMenu
      config
      localized;

function bool ProcessSelection()
{

else if( selection == 3 )
      {
            HasProcessed = true;
            SetOwner(RealOwner);
            bExitAllMenus = true;

PlayerOwner.ConsoleCommand( "playavi brief0102.avi Y None N None N None N None N" );

StartMap = StartMap
                              $"?Class="$ClassString
                              $"?Skin="$PlayerOwner.Skin
                              $"?Name="$PlayerOwner.PlayerName
                              $"?Team=Red"
                              $"?Rate="$PlayerOwner.NetSpeed;

SaveConfigs();
            PlayerOwner.ClientTravel(StartMap, TRAVEL_Absolute, false);

KlingonPlayer(Owner).LogBook.ResetAVI();
            KlingonPlayer(Owner).LogBook.AVIIndex++;
            KlingonPlayer(Owner).LogBook.CurrentAVI = "brief0102.avi";                                                                  
            HasProcessed = false;
      }

return true;
}

//===========================
// Klingons.KlingonInventory
//===========================

class KlingonInventory expands Inventory;

var travel string[35]       CurrentAVI;
var travel string[35]       AVIToPlay;
var() string[35]       HUDAVIList[36];
var travel int             AVIIndex;

simulated function ResetAVI()
{
      log ("ResetAVI");
      CurrentAVI = "None";
      AVIToPlay = "None";
      AVIIndex = 1;
}

simulated function SetAVIToPlay (int d)
{
      AVIToPlay = HUDAVIList[d];
      if ( AVIToPlay == "Brief03a.avi" )
            AVIToPlay = "Brief03a.avi C Brief03bcd.avi Y";

log ("AVIToPlay" $ AVIToPlay);
}

defaultproperties
{
     HUDAVIList(1)="intro.avi N None N"
     HUDAVIList(2)="Brief0102.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(3)="Brief03a.avi"
     HUDAVIList(4)="f_iceorb.avi N None N"
     HUDAVIList(5)="Brief04.avi Y  None N"
     HUDAVIList(6)="Brief05.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(7)="Brief06.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(8)="Brief07.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(9)="f_bopo.avi N None N"
     HUDAVIList(10)="Brief08.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(11)="f_ss.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(12)="Brief09.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(13)="Brief10.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(14)="f_s2kv.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(15)="Brief11.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(16)="f_kv2d7.avi N None N"
     HUDAVIList(17)="Brief12.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(18)="f_hullsep.avi N None N"
     HUDAVIList(19)="Brief13.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(20)="f_decloak.avi N None N"
     HUDAVIList(21)="Brief14.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(22)="Brief15.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(23)="Brief16.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(24)="Brief17.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(25)="boplands.avi None N"
     HUDAVIList(26)="Brief18.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(27)="kcs4-1.avi N None N"
     HUDAVIList(28)="Brief19.avi Y None N"
     HUDAVIList(29)="victory.avi Y None N"
}
The AVIs can also be played directly during game by typing the following console command:

playavi brief0102.avi Y None N None N None N None N

This also works without the additional parameters. So typing "playavi intro.avi" at console would do the same job.
I haven't figured yet what the various parameters do, since playavi is not a class function but a hardcoded/native function found in KHG's WinDrv.dll library. However, I suspect the first parameter (Y or N = Yes or No) determines whether the video is used as an overlay texture for briefings or played as a normal cutscene.

It is actually possible to remove all the .avi files from the \Movies directory and run KHG without any briefing and cutscene videos. However, even if the video files do not exist KHG will still attempt to load and play them from the according mission maps and thus cause the "black screen" bug none the less.

And this is how the bug behaves every time. Because the playavi function is in WinDrv.dll, KHG switches everytime from OpenGL ingame fullscreen mode to Windows WinDrv mode and screws up the whole game experience too.

It would be best therefore to manage to compile a version of the OpenGL and Glide drivers which directly include the playavi function, so that 1) KHG would not switch back to Windows mode but have smooth transitions from 3D ingame to cutscene videos and back (perhaps even with a nice fade-in/fade-out effect), and 2) to be able to even use an AVI video file as an animated overlay texture in the 3D world itself, or simply overlayed on the HUD! That would be pretty awesome too.
Last edited by Lurker on Wed May 13, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Video playback doesn't seem to be an issue as long as you keep the SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice as WindowedRenderDevice, also I'm not quite sure if one can catch the exec commands for video playback before they reach WinDrv. Anyway before messing with any video related stuff i would rather like to have an renderdevice, alaudio and maybe a launcher working, video playback is less essential.

/edit:
As somehow the preferences problems or what it was seem to have gone:
Launcher, won't help much, but should at least make the game run at a somewhat more consistent speed ^^
http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/release/Klingons-14052015.zip
Last edited by han on Thu May 14, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

Video playback doesn't seem to be an issue as long as you keep the SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice as WindowedRenderDevice, also I'm not quite sure if one can catch the exec commands for video playback before they reach WinDrv. Anyway before messing with any video related stuff i would rather like to have an renderdevice, alaudio and maybe a launcher working, video playback is less essential.
Sure, I got that setting in my Khg.ini all the time and it's also included in my driver pack:

By the way, the video playback is very essential for smooth KHG singleplayer, because each mission map plays an AVI video as either a cutscene or a briefing, as I already explained. If this is not fixed then the player has to quit and restart KHG each time a new map/level begins, only to get rid of that black screen blocking the viewport.

[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=OGlDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
Console=Engine.Console
Language=int
GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
WindowedRenderDevice=SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice
RenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice
DefaultGame=Klingons.SinglePlayer
DefaultServerGame=Klingons.DeathMatchGame
ViewportManager=WinDrv.WindowsClient
Render=Render.Render
Input=Engine.Input
Canvas=Engine.Canvas
Never the less, the "black screen" bug still remains, so this is not a driver configuration issue! It's like I said previously, it's most likely an issue with the playavi code inside WinDrv.dll library, or some other graphics or video playback problem in KHG.
/edit:
As somehow the preferences problems or what it was seem to have gone:
Launcher, won't help much, but should at least make the game run at a somewhat more consistent speed ^^
http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/release/Klingons-14052015.zip
Your launcher won't run on KHG v1.1 and it exits with a Critical Error, and it creates an additional Klingons.ini config file which it should not do, because the real config file for KHG is Khg.ini actually, with the executable Khg.exe accordingly! Unless you intend your launcher to save and get settings from a separate INI config, although that would be too confusing imho.

You could easily change that in your C++ source for the launcher and recompile it. Use Khg.ini instead and do not load any bitmap from ..\Help\Logo.bmp, because Khg.exe already does that and the bitmap image is embedded as a resource inside the EXE, as far as I'm concerned.

Klingons.exe (han's launcher) Log:
---------------------------------------------
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: Bitmap.LoadFile(Filename) [File:..\..\Engine\Inc\UnEngineWin.h] [Line: 432]
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: appExit
The Critical Error results from your launcher requiring to load a bitmap file in ..\Help\Logo.bmp which does not exist in the KHG v1.1 Retail Pack. At least not in mine. It is however a standard file which most UE1-based games load in and display at startup. But in KHG v1.1 things are a bit different.  ;)

So I copied a temporal Logo.bmp image file and put in my "..\Klingon Honor Guard\Help" directory. Still can't run your compiled Klingons.exe launcher and got a "General protection fault!" error:

Klingons.exe (han's launcher) Log:
---------------------------------------------
Critical: LoadFileToBitmap
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: appExit
Looks like your launcher has a problem loading the bitmap Logo.bmp file. If you want this baby to properly run, make sure it works with the KHG v1.1 patched official retail release!
Last edited by Lurker on Fri May 15, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Right i added one there. Forgot about it. Did you use an 8bit file splash file?
However, try this one:
http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/release/Logo.bmp
Maybe i copied over my KHG.ini to Klingons.ini, can't remember anymore.
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

Right i added one there. Forgot about it. Did you use an 8bit file splash file?
However, try this one:
http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/release/Logo.bmp
Maybe i copied over my KHG.ini to Klingons.ini, can't remember anymore.
No, still doesn't work. Sorry.

Your Logo.bmp splash for KHG is 512x384 (16bit).
My Logo.bmp splash is 640x480 (16bit) from the KHG Retail CD.
It is originally located in a directory called \Goodies and named TileScreen640.bmp.

Khg.exe itself uses an 8bit splash in a lower resolution, which is embedded as a resource at the end of the exe.

I zipped both splashes and the original KHG launcher from 1998. Subdir ..\Han\ includes your launcher and splash, ..\Lurker\ includes the 1998 versions. Both launcher versions do not work with KHG v1.1 and will exit with a critical error.

You can download the zip from my temporal MEGA cloud folder. I also included all the exported classes (*.uc) from KHG. I uploaded this for convenience and experimentation only. Those are temporal and unofficial packs.

Folder Name: LurkerPacks
Folder Link: https://mega.co.nz/#F!JwUUGJKb!L1ILmBu-r-UKyMZkSiVSmQ
Temp Files:
KHG_Classes.zip
KHG_Launcher_alpha1.zip

The Classes pack includes AVITeleporter.uc and AVITrigger.uc from the WinDrv.u package which is bound to the DLL. This means that KHG's video file management and playavi function are really included in the WinDrv.dll native library.
Each of the KHG singleplayer missions (M??.unr) have an AviTeleporter Trigger Actor (subclass of Unreal's common Teleporter) placed at some location which ends the current level, plays one or a sequence of AVI cutscene/briefing videos specified and then loads the next map or part as usual.
Last edited by Lurker on Sat May 16, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

My Launcher expects the Logo.bmp in Help dir. And the file i uploaded is not 16 bit.

/edit:
Seems to make no difference anyway if i remove Splash Screen code.

/edit2:
Put a bit of effort in the launcher:
http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/release/Klingons-14052016.zip

Should now work (TM). But i noticed once the game start to not progress on first screen it seems to help to delete Khg.ini/Klingons.ini.

/edit3:
Some more:
http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/release/Klingons-14052016-1.zip
Noticed that if you start a listen server the setting for servers in ini file affects the tickrate (default is 15).

/edit4:
Disabling DirectDraw seems out to disable the videos too.

/edit5:
Yeah i know, i am a year ahead -.-
Last edited by han on Sat May 16, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

So finally i got some OpenGL rendering working, config settings are in the readme.
http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/release/OpenGLDrv-Klingons-11-20150516.zip

@Lurker: And you should actually ask before just including and reuploading my stuff.
Last edited by han on Sat May 16, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

So finally i got some OpenGL rendering working, config settings are in the readme.
http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/release/OpenGLDrv-Klingons-11-20150516.zip
Thanks. I'll check that out today...
@Lurker: And you should actually ask before just including and reuploading my stuff.
Alright, I removed the particular zip from my public cloud folder. Don't worry, next time I ask you for permission. Notice that the folder is not part of my official ModDB and only used for temporal UnrealEngine-related files, aswell as unfinished and/or buggy alpha and beta versions of various stuff, which are added and removed on the fly anyway. And the small zip was intended for you as an example actually, so you could grab my splash logo bitmap and KHG's 1998 launcher too, so I could assist you with the development of your launcher. ;)

Perhaps we can collaborate to get your Launcher up and running anyway...
Last edited by Lurker on Mon May 18, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight_KenF

Post by Knight_KenF »

Hi, i installed KHG and patched to v1.1 without using your driver pack, the game worked fine on 3dfx(using nGlide) and after installing your pack the game changed from 3dfx to OpenGl rendering mode and when i go to advanced options and try to change it to 3dfx i got a warning message "Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv' and also for the movie after installing indeo when i use the command "regsvr32 ir50_32.dll" it says:

"The module "ir50_32.dll" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found."

I would like to desactivate all the ingame movie though if anyone know how to it would be nice.
Thanks for the work you've done and support.
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

Hi, i installed KHG and patched to v1.1 without using your driver pack, the game worked fine on 3dfx(using nGlide) and after installing your pack the game changed from 3dfx to OpenGl rendering mode and when i go to advanced options and try to change it to 3dfx i got a warning message "Can't find file for package 'GlideDrv' and also for the movie after installing indeo when i use the command "regsvr32 ir50_32.dll" it says:

"The module "ir50_32.dll" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found."
Hello KenF.

After running the "IV50 Video Codec Driver" Installer (exe file) which I have provided in the pack, the library "ir50_32.dll" needs to be located in the "C:\Windows\System32" directory. If your dll is not located there then you should manually copy it to that location and execute regsvr32.exe again which is also located in the same directory.

It is also important that you execute regsvr32.exe as an administrator at DOS console!

However, if you have properly executed the exe-installer for the IV50 codec then you don't need to register the library manually again since the installer already did the job for you.

Please note that regsvr32.exe is a Windows tool with which one can register and install DLL libraries manually one by one, generally speaking. It's for experts only and people who know what they are doing. If you run a software installer, like when you usually download software for Windows as an .exe or .msi package, then the installer does it all for you automatically in the background.

Again, if you have problems installing the IV50 Video Codec Driver onto your Windows then either relaunch the exe-installer or download a video codec pack which includes IV50 and install that, for example. It shouldn't be a big problem to install the needed video codec driver in Windows.

After you have successfully installed the IV50 video codec you can also open, edit, record or create your own AVI movies for KHG with VirtualDub, or edit the existing ones:

http://www.virtualdub.org/
I would like to desactivate all the ingame movie though if anyone know how to it would be nice.
Thanks for the work you've done and support.
Well, as I said in my previous posts, the ingame movies can only be deactivated when you remove the references in KHG's mission maps (M??.unr) themselves and if you edit some of the .uc classes (see names above) aswell which refer to the AVI files and which execute them via console.

However, I'm going to experiment with the AVITeleporter.uc and AVITrigger.uc classes and see if I can change and recompile the scripts in way that a) AVI movies are not being played during game and b) the AVI references in the mission maps don't need to be edited, because AVITeleporter and AVITrigger would return nothing.

If I have something useful then I will publish it in my new UnrealScript code repository on my GitHub........
Last edited by Lurker on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight_KenF

Post by Knight_KenF »

Hello, thank you for your reply and indeed i didn't had the file "ir50_32.dll" inside system32 and inside C:\microprose\khg\Movies\Driver there's a text file named "videodriver" which tell how to install it with the command promprt.
But once again when i install the driver pack my screen got minimized and i can't change it back to 3dfx.
And When i start a new game on OpenGl renderer the first cutscene starts slowly and after it's end the game just doesn't respond so i have to alt-ctrl-delete or sometimes the game crash after the cutscene without any message.
Can you tell me more about removing ingame movie? I don't get removing reference, can you give me an example?

Yesterday when i played on 3dfx(before installing the driver pack) game went fine after the first level, the 2nd level cutscene kept repeating after and after(about 3times) and the game crashed.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english.
forhekset

Post by forhekset »

Hey Lurker

First, thanks for your work on this pack, it's great that people still care about the old games. Now, for the reason why I registered here:

1) Could you help me setting up the resolution? The native solution of my monitor is 1920*1200. I'm using a MSI GTX 970 graphics card. I would like to play in 1920*1200. But if that isn't possible or too much of a hassle, I'll play with lower res. The only thing then left to fix would be problem 2 which I described below.

2) Also: after installing your pack, if I start khg, the game is not starting full screen. There's just a screen appearing, without borders. If I use the "toggle fullscreen" option in the game, it still doesn't display fullscreen and simply adds your typical Microsoft Window Borders to the screen (i.e. I now have the option to close the window or to minimize it, etc). Is there any way to fix this other than to set the game resolution to my native solution?

Before I installed your pack, the game started in 1024*something, fullscreen.

Any help is appreciated (especially resolution-wise). =)
PS: I'm from Switzerland, kannst mir auch ne PM schreiben, falls den Thread nicht für derlei Detail-Instruktionen beladen willst. ^^

peace
Last edited by forhekset on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scar73

Post by Scar73 »

Late ...I know. The max res is err was 1152x864 now its working @1680x1050(forgot to change GameRenderDevice=OGlDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice to GameRenderDevice=OpenGlDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice)[*ReShade now works*]. Awesome to get some higher resolutions but I don't think the font can get any smaller! ;) One thing I have been messing around with is adding extra "CVARS" to the khg.ini s Renderer options taking extra missing and or unique commands from all the Unreal engine games and trying it all at once. Has somewhat interesting results although I'm mostly messing with KHG ATM. Awesome flippin n fightin game..lol
Last edited by Scar73 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Next Generation: Klingon Honor Guard”