For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Mobile Forces is using the original Unreal Warfare engine..

Please add information, maps, mods, links or anything else related to Mobile Forces here.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Mobile Forces is using the original Unreal Warfare engine..

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Yea but you see that in case of Unreal 2 they had skeletal mesh support already in 411 before the official 432 stuff for UT. UT i'd call "borderline" 1.5 actually as its not too different from the latest Unreal patches.

But then again it was going to be just that, like this first ever ut review showed:

"more of a mod pack" that version was 221 internally. Basically somewhere between the expansion pack and standalone game idea, this was more like a separate addon pack bundled with the game, hence "unreal tournament edition" ideas originally. I suppose Epic then took this as a base to overhaul the game further, these reactions and to compete with Q3 fully, as opposed to just "more unreal". Its sometimes sad and amazing at same time how competition drives those changes.

I'd just personally call all these inbetween UE1/UE2 versions just the Warfare engine and that's it. That's how it was called before the term UE2 existed. And to me that includes the mobile forces, the unreal 2 e3 alpha and the utxbuild, even though as you pointed out the render in utx is closer to actual UE2.
gregaras.
OldUnreal Member

Post by gregaras. »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:25 pm I have (had) another article, a bigger one in a computer magazine
Was it printed or online magazine (or both)?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

gregaras. wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:31 pm
Leo T_C_K wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:25 pm I have (had) another article, a bigger one in a computer magazine
Was it printed or online magazine (or both)?
Printed. I believe it was either a "Score" or "Level", but can't tell you which exactly. I had a lot of them, sometimes even complete decades. And some other mags too like pc gamer and gamestar. But oh well, the thieves took it all and now is most likely destroyed or re-sold.

Return to “Mobile Forces”