For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Map from Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time in jj3d is malfuntioning

Here you can add and find information and help for other Unreal Engine titles. Currently for UE1 and UE2 based software.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Map from Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time in jj3d is malfuntioning

Post by luke11685 »

Map from Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time in jj3d is malfuntioning and I have no idea how to fix it.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Re: Map from Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time in jj3d is malfuntioning

Post by Kajgue »

[movedhere] Modelling Kajgue.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

I already answered on another topic.
Your polygons are flickering because your entire map is one single gigantic brush with no inside and no outside. I'm actually surprised UnrealEd manages to display anything and imported that without crashing.

How to fix that: easy, rebuild the entire thing. I guess it's a full N64 level from Ocarina Of Time imported and subtracted. It doesn't work at all (it's not even the right scale, the sword itself is higher than a player). You can keep your... Thing, right now, as a plan, then make normal brushes to match and delete the original after you've completed the clean version. I had done such a thing with parts of levels imported from UT2004 to Unreal or the other way around, though in your case, you have to rebuild everything, not just a part of it.
IN SHORT: Your map was made for a completely different engine and so its geometry doesn't work correctly with Unreal. Stop trying to import the map and BUILD the map. It's not hard, it's a map made for the N64, it's super basic. Just launch your editor, import your brush and use it as a floorplan to rebuild the entire thing, YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING WITH THIS IMPORTED GEOMETRY and you either need to use another method to convert it to something Unreal can use or make a script somehow to process this imported geometry into something that can work.

There is nothing you can do in UnrealEd to make this functioning in a few clics, it's not UnrealEd or Unreal's fault, there is no magic anything to have this work smoothly. You just need to use the editor for its original purpose and REBUILD the map, using your imported spew as guidelines that you will delete once you're done rebuilding everything properly and cleanly with the normal tools at your disposal: time, brushes, patience.
You must construct additional pylons.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Yes you did. Interface of this forum changed so thread was closed so what did you mean?
[m by=280209041606630 destboard=OtherUEngineGames dest=1597861897/0#0]
User Hellkeeper viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2410
Pitbull
Administrator

Post by Pitbull »

luke11685 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:52 pm Yes you did. Interface of this forum changed so thread was closed so what did you mean?
[m by=280209041606630 destboard=OtherUEngineGames dest=1597861897/0#0]
User Hellkeeper viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2410
He meant nothing as the text was a result of porting the forum to phpBB. Not everything ported successfully. So far only useless threads seem to have been affected.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Yes that thread was closed.

Return to “Unreal Engine 1 and 2”