For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Fixed Core.so for modern distros

Dash through horders of enemies and slay your way to valhalla.
Jules
OldUnreal Member

Fixed Core.so for modern distros

Post by Jules »

I managed to get the Loki port of Rune to work on modern distros (for reference, I'm running Xubuntu 22.04.1 LTS). The manual way to solve the problem is to run the following script on Core.so in the System folder:

Code: Select all

for lib in System/Core.so; do
md5sum $lib
../elfhash/elfhash -f __dynamic_cast -t __dynloki_cast $lib > /dev/null
md5sum $lib
done
This solution solves a symbol conflict with modern versions of libstdc++.so.6 which would otherwise prevent the game from running using the OpenGL renderer (the software renderer works without this patch, but it's preferable to get the OpenGL renderer to work).

I'm including the patched version of Core.so, plus the elfhash binary along with the source code for anyone who'd prefer to apply the patch themselves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
REA
OldUnreal Member

Re: Fixed Core.so for modern distros

Post by REA »

Duuuuuuude! I was looking for this for 2 years; though the native version works with Nvidia proprietary drivers, it crashes with AMD/Intel using Mesa. Your library seems to be fixing it just fine on Mint 21. THANK YOU!

Return to “Rune”