For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Collecting WoT releases

Please add information, maps, mods, links or anything else related to "The Wheel of Time" here.
eGo
OldUnreal Member

Collecting WoT releases

Post by eGo »

I currently do have original WoT big boxes of US, german, italian, spanish and french version.
Does anyone know are there any other "official" releases out there?
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Re: Collecting WoT releases

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Official, unsure. But there are a couple separate localizations for Russia. I think I have them all. Will share once I make heads/tails of them.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Collecting WoT releases

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I spent a lot of time tracking down some official/unofficial map releases btw that were released after wot.

Not all were tracked down with their original archive anymore, I got some maps themselves via server admins..like arena 12

they are here
https://www.newbiesplayground.net/downl ... fb-cat-206

and also the intro.utx file needed for the benchmark map created

now some of this is unsorted and came from the shadar logoth website

Some of those maps are not original Legend but use resources/were credited. What I can confirm is original legend stuff is wotbenchmark(needs the intro file), arena 12, arena kingdomcome (those two werereleased directly on the website), arena dungeon (disputed source) and portalstone is rumored to be a map from earlier in wot developement, hence the weird things like overscaled carcasses upon the map conversion/import. It is unknown who made it exactly, but it was dropped during developement. Those are the only tidbits of additional wot content from legend you can have.

There was an expansion pack/bonus pack outright from Legend that got lost, too, with some new terangreal types and such and was meant to be inclded within a patch. The developer I spoke to claimed it was actually released and insisted on that...so I dunno.

Though he didn't have the files anymore.

The BluJay directory btw is from mapper called BluJay, who got to work on Unreal 2. Thanks to him the Severnaya map (original author Scott Dalton) got included in the released game of Unreal2, they planned to have it cut and it was only due to this guy that it got preserved/remade for release. His real name was Ryan Pendelton.

btw this is completely ot but I just got the old 2004 fix for oneday from zora, the one that is now lost/has all dead links:

onedayfix

i believe it was actually Turboman back in the day distributing this fix.

Return to “The Wheel of Time”