For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

The Wheel of Time Subtitle Patch

Please add information, maps, mods, links or anything else related to "The Wheel of Time" here.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

The Wheel of Time Subtitle Patch

Post by Victor Delacroix »

While this does not cover the Quicktime videos, the ingame subtitles are now filled into this .int file. Thus, all in-game speech will appear on top of the screen. Granted, at higher resolutions it may be too small (hoping for a HUD scale mod, please!), but it's the best bet since the solution is officially used in the tutorial level of the game.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eGo
OldUnreal Member

Re: The Wheel of Time Subtitle Patch

Post by eGo »

This file only exist in the Demo & Dedicated Server installation...not in the retail versions and patches.
To turning on subtitles open user.ini:

Code: Select all

[WOT.WOTPlayer]
bSubtitles=True
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

eGo wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:52 am This file only exist in the Demo & Dedicated Server installation...not in the retail versions and patches.
To turning on subtitles open user.ini:

Code: Select all

[WOT.WOTPlayer]
bSubtitles=True
Excuse me? Then why did I see it both in my disc version from way back and in the GOG version? (I just needed to fill it in)
eGo
OldUnreal Member

Post by eGo »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:26 pm Excuse me? Then why did I see it both in my disc version from way back and in the GOG version? (I just needed to fill it in)
Yes you're right...GOG version is complete with this file but the german retail disc version doesn't have this file. Do you have the US or an other european copy?

https://files.ego-creations.de/wot/IMG_4638.JPG

The next thing...there are two different ways to display subtitles in WoT. By activating subtitles in user.ini you can use the strings from the localization files or if exist from the WoTsubtitles.* Check this out.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Well, I definitely shall. And yes, my original disc images were likely US *and* EU (US - Deviance scene release, Russian-made factory-pressed bootleg, EU - as published in Poland), so not a German-regional.

Fun fact, though. I re-DLed the Deviance release to test something to compare to GOG. Some of the voice lines from the tutorial section are recorded in German, even in the stock, mostly English UAX file. Both Deviance (US) and GOG ver. Weird.
eGo
OldUnreal Member

Post by eGo »

I've found an original US big box and will compare between both releases soon. This different versions are very weird.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

eGo wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:48 am I've found an original US big box and will compare between both releases soon. This different versions are very weird.
Check DialogA.uax. If it's anything different from 50 953 532 bytes, I'd like to have it!
eGo
OldUnreal Member

Post by eGo »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:40 am Check DialogA.uax. If it's anything different from 50 953 532 bytes, I'd like to have it!
I do think the GOG version of this file is the right one of the US release. Russian bootlegs are always very strange.
eGo
OldUnreal Member

Post by eGo »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:40 am Check DialogA.uax. If it's anything different from 50 953 532 bytes, I'd like to have it!
The original US CD release version of the file before and after patching to 333b has the same file size and some german sounds in the package. I think the GOG version is the UK version of the game, the english language is fixed and has 4 more files in the package (Int_18a, Int_18b, Int_18c, Int_18d). The german CD release version has also these files.

Return to “The Wheel of Time”