For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Fog

To find and remove the bugs we needed every bug known in current 226. You can still review them here.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Fog

Post by Shivaxi »

In Direct3D we all know how fog does not work on 3D Actors and only on Geometry. In the OpenGL Patch by Smirf (woot!) this is MOSTLY fixed...and i say mostly because although Fog now works upon 3D Actors...it does not seem to work on 2D Actors...such as Blood.

If this were fixed in the new patch (or rather an update for OpenGL) that would be nice...and improve the game play :)
Image  Image
jackrabbit

Re: Fog

Post by jackrabbit »

oooooh. Spooky!! this post should wait for halloween!!!

Hey shivaxi, perhaps you can take a pic of a doom moster and show what you mean about 2d actors. I'm not quite shure if this is relevant in the upcomming patch depending on how cool it would look to have doom monsters wrapped up in fog :P
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

um...doom monsters?

and i'll take a pic soon...but probally not to soon cause i might not be going to my dads this weekend so i wont be able to take a pic for like 2 weeks :( :P
Image  Image
David_OSU
OldUnreal Member

Post by David_OSU »

Bumpity-bump-bump.

Decals.  Its the decals that don't work right with fog in OpenGL.

Since Unreal doesn't support decals, this is really a problem with running SP levels in UT using Oldskool (with decals turned on).
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

227 is having decals, and they are working within fogzones too.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

WOO SMIRF!!! ;D ;D ;D
Image  Image
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

227 is having decals, and they are working within fogzones too.
just wondering on the subject of decals: will the player be able to turn off specific decals?

imagine my little brother/sister plays the game ocasionally, and the gore setting is set to ultra low, would this affect decals too? EG: crater/footstep decals are present but NOT the bloodsplat decals?
Last edited by Turboman. on Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

all decals i built in so far are weapon decals, and footprints will work hopefully soon too. Blooddecals are not in yet, and I don't think that i want to build them in. If people want them, it may come in a future release maybe. So no need to turn sepcific decals on or off and something like that isnt implemented yet.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

is there going to be a configurable detail lifespan/max decal amount for us people who like having levels look like they are warzones?
Last edited by []KAOS[]Casey on Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrakeDanceJ
OldUnreal Member

Post by BrakeDanceJ »

is there going to be a configurable detail lifespan/max decal amount for us people who like having levels look like they are warzones?
Also, if this option could 'expand levelinfo'. By this I mean, make it possible for map authors to specify the lifespan/max decal amount; and administrators could choose "Use map-specified amount when available (defaults to X if unavailable)" or "Use X amount always".
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

i might as well ask for client user control of decals, i would like the ability of users turning them off or making them temporarily fade or permanent.
Last edited by Turboman. on Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

There is a mod in UT that allows you to disable and control the max amount of decals and the time they last. I loved that damn thing, after a few hours of scrweing around in CTF-lavagiant the place looked like a warzone. bullet holes and explosion marks everywhere.
BrakeDanceJ
OldUnreal Member

Post by BrakeDanceJ »

Hey,
Can we also have admin control for how long dropped weapons stay? I'd like them to stay INDEFINITELY, but that could obviously be a problem for lower-cpu/bandwidth servers.
How about an admin-defined 'expiration' option?
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

a lot of ideas i see here are not bad, but shouldnt all this maybe placed into a mod of some kind ? I still want to keep modifications of any kind in the base classes reduced to the absolutely must be. Changings to decals might be possible, since they are new anyway, but the rest...
Last edited by Smirftsch on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Report Bugs in Unreal 226 versions”