For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

"File not found: Editor.dll" fix?

Ask UnrealEd 1 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
Golden VSB12

"File not found: Editor.dll" fix?

Post by Golden VSB12 »

Had some trouble trying to open UnrealEd. At first, when I tried to open, it showed this message:
'wrong version of runtime-dll'
I googled a fix for it, which lead me to reinstalling msvbvm50.dll into my SysWOW64 folder. After that, it presented me an 'Unexpected Error' message, which I couldn't find a fix for.
I then resorted to the fixes and patches available on this website, but after installing all of them, it gave me this message:
Run-time error '53':
File not found: Editor.dll
I can't understand why, since there is a file named Editor.dll in the System folder already. I'm using the Unreal 226f patch, in case that's important. Any help? thx
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: "File not found: Editor.dll" fix?

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I don't know honestly...these kind of errors keep popping up lately with windows, perhaps you don't run it as administrator or it can't communicate stuff through...

Return to “UnrealEd, the editor for Unreal up to version  226”