For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Darkmatch maze

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Darkmatch maze

Post by GreatEmerald »

I've got an idea (inspired by one piece of text we read in a literature lesson, the full book's named Rose's Name or something similar). It will be one big map with four towers. You start in a completely random place in the maze (one of 272 rooms). You can walk around the maze, collect items and kill enemies. The maze is very vertical based, with lots of staircases and probably even teleporters. There are almost no lights (to be true to the book), and you can run into both good and bad places - for example, you can find an Amplifier in one room, and you can be attacked by a monster from behind if you enter another one. There are some dead ends too. And there will be a secret room full of goodies.
Four huge towers (8-sided cylinder shaped), all have 8+8+1 rooms on each of the storeys, each has 4 storeys overall and two or more walkways that connect each of the towers. Should be pretty creepy, too.
SkaarjSlayer
OldUnreal Member

Re: Darkmatch maze

Post by SkaarjSlayer »

Oo, finally.. something new for Darkmatch. Seems interesting.
Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gizzy »

Since Darkmatch was kinda abandoned, It would be cool to make a map for it. I'd help out definitely if enough people wanted to participate.
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

I think few of us should go work on the map, everybody on his own version and then we play through them all. It'd be a great chance for all of us to see each other's mapping skills and architecture ideas. :)

I'm definitely in for this one.
Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gizzy »

*Dusts off old 225*

Lets go!

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot I use 225 to host my server :D I haven't touched Ued1 in AGES, so this could be interesting to try.
Last edited by Gizzy on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkaarjSlayer
OldUnreal Member

Post by SkaarjSlayer »

I would work on it if I wasn't already busy working on a map for myself.. another map for a friend of mine.. and promising ANOTHER friend to help make a map for them :/

It's a great idea though and should definitely be worked on by those who have the time.
PRIMEVAL
OldUnreal Member

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I'd work on one if I wasn't so lazy lol

If anyone wants custom music, though, I'd be more than happy to help ;) (more shameless self-advertising lawl).

Haven't seen a new DkMap in ages, this will be quite interesting. Looking forward to this!

Return to “Unreal Projects”