For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[227i+] UT map packs for Unreal

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
Rob-Bot
OldUnreal Member

Re: [227i+] UT map packs for Unreal

Post by Rob-Bot »

Dots just ignore these people. Everyone in this community always finds something to whine about, and that's why I don't play much anymore. Although there are still people out there (myself included) who enjoy this conversion and would love to see future versions released.
Last edited by Rob-Bot on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

First of all...
shitaxi
This is a bit childish and uncalled for.
but you don't need to tell me the same thing 50 times over and over again.
I didn't? Everyone here asked you about making the 227 effects an option.
I planned to do that next version of botpack already (I am just waiting for 227j release so I can make use of more features from that)
How was I or anyone supposed to know that when your response was "It is my conversion and I do it the way I like." when several of us asked you politely about that?  You basically told everyone that you couldn't and wouldn't be bothered to make any furthermore changes.  Perhaps if you responded in a serious manor, you would have been taken seriously and had much kinder responses.  You act like I'm the only one who asked about the options for BotPack when in fact everybody here made a post about that.

Also, saying "The option to disable new FX for botpack also makes it beg the question: why would you play UT in Unreal then and not UT if it were exactly the same?" is a mute point.  Because if that was really how you thought, then why even convert BotPack in the first place?  With that attitude, we all might as well just go play UT instead, right?

I don't know what removing the links is supposed to do. Everyone is not "being a bitch about it". We simply asked (and politely) for toggleable options for your new effects in BotPack, and you simply told us no. So you have to expect some criticism.
Last edited by Shivaxi on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image  Image
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

shitaxi
I didn't?  Everyone here asked you about making the 227 effects an option.
"Everyone" being three people. Sample size is pretty awesome there. I didn't care either way.
This is exactly what you did with Botpack and its annoying -_-  You did this even worse with your Upak "fix"...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD
Because that's not throwing massive bs into his face. Maybe you should read what you say before jumping to defend yourself.

There's other things you said that come off as a complete jerk, too. So go read em and come back.
shitvaxi
yeah sometimes I do that when I don't mean to because "shi" isn't something I normally type if it's not followed by t. Whoops. [size=0]not to mention all those times I followed bugs that weren't bugs, damn it dude[/size]
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Quite interesting, however, I don't see any download links to your suggested files:

[olist][*]Download BotPack compiled for 227
[*]OldSkool for Unreal 227
[/olist]

Would you be so kind to provide me with these links?
The post above yours says that Dots removed them.

I don't think that's a smart move, Dots. Having something, even if not completely default, is better than having nothing at all. Although I'm still not convinced about the legal status of Botpack for Unreal...
Nevermind, found the links in the web cache.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
NaPaliShore
OldUnreal Member

Post by NaPaliShore »

[*]Deja Vu gives me this error when attempting to start the first level:

Code: Select all

Warning: Failed to load 'UMS': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
Warning: Failed to load 'USP-DejaScripts': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
Warning: Failed to load 'usp-01-hellscrag': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
I have been getting those same errors with most of the maps in Deja Vu, under 227i. 

Some of the other maps show something like this instead:

Log: 446703.2ms Loading: Package USP-03-Naveed-LH
Log: Failed import: FloatProperty FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired (file ..\System\Engine.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'USP-03-Naveed-LH.unr': Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired'
Either way, I can't get any of the Deja Vu maps to work in 227i.   :-[

Otherwise, I have greatly enjoyed the ability to play ONP. Project Zephon, The Last Fortress, and many other UT maps and packs under 227i, thanks to .:..:'s amazing work here!

I even managed to get most of the maps in Return to Na Pali: Ultimate Edition (RTNPUE) to load and play (the only exceptions are Velora.unr and VeloraCellars.unr, which refer to "UPak.SpiderEggs", which does not exist in the 227 version of UPak).  Other classic SP maps and packs for UT that work under 227i include: The Landing, Tashara's Cove, Zero Black, Ortican, The Fury, Gothic Resurrection, Vacillations of a Victorian Vagrant, Morene, Peril on Mars, New Alcatraz, Skaarj Tower 2: The Fall of Seethe, The Odyssey, The Skyfalls, WT1 Series 1 (for UT), and De'Nasha Breeche Monastery.

So I'm basically "over the moon" about this breakthrough.  Just wish I could play Deja Vu - if anyone has had success with getting that pack to work under 227i, and could recommend things for me to try, I would be very grateful!  :)
Last edited by NaPaliShore on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
NaPaliShore
OldUnreal Member

Post by NaPaliShore »

Errors:
USP-03-Naveed-LH

Log: Failed import: FloatProperty FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired (file ..\System\Engine.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'USP-03-Naveed-LH': Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find FloatProperty in file 'FloatProperty Engine.Teleporter.LastFired'
Oops - just realized you had already reported this one... (I mentioned it in my last post.)

USP-05-Jaunie-Frieza

Log: Failed import: StrProperty StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies (file ..\System\Engine.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'UTServerAdmin': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'UTMenu': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'USP-05-Jaunie-Frieza': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find StrProperty in file 'StrProperty Engine.GameInfo.IPPolicies'

For USP-05-Jaunie-Frieza, I get the following errors:

Log: Failed import: Function Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo (file ..\System\Engine.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'UMS': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
Warning: Failed to load 'USP-DejaScripts': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
Warning: Failed to load 'USP-05-Jaunie-Frieza.unr': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
USP-16-MrProphet

Warning: Failed to load 'BlackDawn': Can't find file for package 'BlackDawn'
Warning: Failed to load 'USP-16-MrProphet': Can't find file for package 'BlackDawn'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'BlackDawn'
BlackDawn.umx is a music file from the Xidia Gold pack, so that could be copied into the Music folder to resolve this error. I have the BlackDawn.umx file installed, so I don't get that error. But I do once again get the "Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'" error, when trying to load USP-16-MrProphet.

Not sure what, if anything can be done about those errors?

NaPaliShore
OldUnreal Member

Post by NaPaliShore »

Actually, it turns out I get the same type of errors in 3 of the Operation: Na Pali maps, as well:

NP31DavidM.unr

Log: 1021406.4ms Loading: Package NP31DavidM
Log: 1021413.4ms Loading: Package UMS
Log: Failed import: Function Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo (file ..\System\Engine.u)
Warning: Failed to load 'NP31DavidM.unr': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
NP36eVOLVE.unr

Log: 1221213.0ms Loading: Package NP36evolve
Log: 1221216.1ms Loading: Package UMS
Warning: Failed to load 'NP36eVOLVE.unr': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
NPCredits2.unr

Log: 1264299.9ms Loading: Package NPCredits2
Log: 1264314.9ms Loading: Package UMS
Warning: Failed to load 'NPCredits2.unr': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.PlayerPawn.InitPlayerReplicationInfo'
Log: EndFullscreen
Not sure if the problems come from UMS.u, or the map files themselves, or both, or something else? (I think am using the version of the UMS.u file that came with the installer for Deja Vu v.2.0)

Did anybody else manage to get these 3 maps working under 227i?
Last edited by NaPaliShore on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
x21
OldUnreal Member

Post by x21 »

Hello I am having some issues adding bots to a ctf game running under botpack.
image.png

Error: CTFGame CTF-Command.CTFGame0 (Function Botpack.TeamGamePlus.Logout:0057) Accessed array 'Teams' out of bounds (255/4)
Error: CTFGame CTF-Command.CTFGame0 (Function Botpack.TeamGamePlus.Logout:0057) Accessed array 'Teams' out of bounds (255/4)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Unreal Projects”