For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[UGold227i] RPGdev

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
LannFyre
OldUnreal Member

[UGold227i] RPGdev

Post by LannFyre »

Remaking this topic, had it purged.

I'm working on RPGdev for Unreal Gold 227i, a mod that is aiming to add:
- 3D platforming elements inspired by Abe's Oddysee (PS1, PC)
- Stealth elements inspired by Metal Gear Solid (PS1, PC)
- An RPG combat system, as well as an 8-direction sprite system, inspired by Xenogears (PS1)

So far I have:
- Player interactions added via an actor that can be detected via touch()ing it, capable of commanding a "turret" that can target specified shot-activated triggers.
- 8-directional sprite system, with texture imports via an .INT parser.
- Deus Ex Sounds/Textures (to be implemented though)
- Music from UT99 and Deus Ex
- A level up system (to be used with class system, undeveloped as of now)
- A 3rd person camera capable of being used as a scrolling or tracking camera

i tryin'a be a gud boi
LannFyre
OldUnreal Member

Re: [UGold227i] RPGdev

Post by LannFyre »

A couple of videos of new stuff, custom sprites being worked on right now and I'm figuring out particles+weather.  Good times so far, more soon.

Last edited by LannFyre on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
i tryin'a be a gud boi

Return to “Unreal Projects”