For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Moo Moo Land Halloween Lights

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
Oblivion[CW]
OldUnreal Member

Moo Moo Land Halloween Lights

Post by Oblivion[CW] »

Uses the MMLXmas3 Mutator to add Halloween lights instead of Christmas ones to default coop maps.

Can pick between all orange, purple/orange or purple/orange/green.

[url=http://www.moddb.com/mods/mml-halloween-lights]Download MMLHalloweenLights[/url]
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Moo Moo Land Halloween Lights

Post by gopostal »

I just had to harvest location data from ~1000 actors and convert that to spawn code so I know how much work this was to get right. Good on ya brother.

I'm going to get my coop server back up this month for the Christmas season and I'll gladly put this on.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Oblivion[CW]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Oblivion[CW] »

I just had to harvest location data from ~1000 actors and convert that to spawn code so I know how much work this was to get right. Good on ya brother.

I'm going to get my coop server back up this month for the Christmas season and I'll gladly put this on.
I never said I got it right, haha. It's so tiring to do and I'm glad I don't have to do it again.

I might throw Moo Moo Land up in December with the xmas mod for a bit.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

How did you do yours, if I can be so curious? I ended up selecting all in editor and copy/pasting them from Ued to Notepad++. Once there I ended up writing regex'es to filter the brush data down to usable "Spawn(..." lines. It was time-consuming, tedious work but now that I did it I could do further work like that much faster and easier. The only answer I couldn't work out, and it likely wasn't something you had to face, was how to account for the lack of entry on data values of zero. What I mean is that if an actor has Rotation of (0,0,1200) for instance, the brush data will read Rotation(Roll=1200) and skips the zero entries. I ended up having to manually scan them all and add the missing zeros to fit the spawn template.

I thought I'd gotten them all but as usual there's nothing quite as humbling as the first code compiling. I'd missed a good handful.

Looking forward to kicking around town with your mod. I dug my old HDD out of storage this morning to get the server uploaded.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

did something simillar, wrote some tool to read the t3d files for specific actors and spit out pastable uscript..
but it would choke on big maps. never really even thought to select all of x actor and copy them into there own t3d file.
that would have a been a huge improvement in performance.
o and they way mine was coded it never cared about rotation, as honestly it was desinged to place trees or those moomoo lights.
anything with very specal rotation was hand coded.

[img]http://bobisunreal.com/random/Forum/Screenshot%202017-10-09%2003.35.24.png[/img]
Oblivion[CW]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Oblivion[CW] »

I decorated the maps live on the server and logged the spawn locations. Just binded all the lights to my mouse and ghosted around. Then copy pasted all those spawns in.

Return to “Unreal Projects”