For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

UnrealTournamentBattleGrounds-UTBG

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

UnrealTournamentBattleGrounds-UTBG

Post by gopostal »

Big thanks to everyone for helping me along with this. It's nice to have a project to work on through the Pacific Northwest rainy season :thumb

If you have ever played PUBG or seen any of the YouTube videos then you'll recognize everything pretty quick. UTBG is King-of-the-Hill with the added twist that a zone slowly closes in that forces players together, nullifying the 'hide and wait' players who can slow down the gameplay. Weapons require multiple clear hits to kill a player so you do have time to try to evade someone shooting at you. Emphasis is always on healing and finding boosters to improve your health profile.

Core gameplay elements are coded, pickups are nearly done. I'll be working through the weapons this next week and getting those added in. The mod will work on any DM map with more than one playerstart but works best on larger maps that give you more time to loot weapons and pickups.

I'll have the entire mod done and in testing by early Spring and I do plan on having a separate version that utilizes only the zone mechanics so it can be added to other non-UTBG mods that want to use it.

Small teaser vid. The pickups you see are fully functional and work like their PUBG counterparts. More to come in the next couple of weeks.

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: UnrealTournamentBattleGrounds-UTBG

Post by gopostal »

Adding a new update video. It will make a lot more sense if you have played PUBG but you'll still see where this is going
Feralidragon
OldUnreal Member

Post by Feralidragon »

You're really going balls to the wall with this, very nice indeed. :D
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

I know it looks disjointed but this is very much one of those "wait till it comes together" projects. Because I have a good template to follow with the already existing game it makes decisions pretty easy and straightforward. I think the very quick nature of the games as well as the high stakes of winner takes all will be compelling to play especially since you can use almost any DM map and having knowledge of the map beforehand won't help all that much once the shooting starts.

And it's a fun way to endure the rainy season.

Return to “Unreal Projects”