For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal: Station H2SO4 version 1 released!

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
SJ85
OldUnreal Member

Unreal: Station H2SO4 version 1 released!

Post by SJ85 »

After some small fixes and changes, Station H2SO4 version 1 is released!

Info & download:
https://sites.google.com/site/sergejaek ... tion-h2so4
Last edited by SJ85 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal: Station H2SO4 test version released!

Post by Turboman. »

Very nice first attempt at unreal mapping! I'm impressed at the technical build quality and architecture, very neat for a first timer! I'd say all of this is very much on par (or better) than the base game and i'm getting some very good 1998 vibes here. :)

Overall i enjoyed the map alot! Despite being a typical find buttons end level kind of gameplay i found the whole layout of the place intricate enough to entice me to explore everything. Enemy and item placement seems to be thought out very well as well, just as the base game i found it to be challenging but never too hard. Plus the translator message that forebodes the skaarjsniper was a smart way to inform the player of any upcoming threats.

Now i wonder, if this is just a test version, what is going to be changed? This looks pretty much complete if you ask me. 8-)
strategy-(DOG)-
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal: Station H2SO4 test version released!

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

very well done! :)
i will add the map to newbiesplayground's coop-servers rotation.
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
SJ85
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal: Station H2SO4 version 1 released!

Post by SJ85 »

@Turboman: Thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked it. There were some small changes I had to make but nothing really noteworthy. I tend to release test versions because people always seem to find bugs I overlook :)

@strategy: Great, thank you! The test version is no longer available. I updated the original post with the link to version 1.
Nalisavior

Post by Nalisavior »

I just played through your map and although it was short, It was detailed/concise and I enjoyed it! :)
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Anyone having this map yet? Download link is broken and I wanted to upload it here.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
strategy-(DOG)-
OldUnreal Member

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

Anyone having this map yet? Download link is broken and I wanted to upload it here.
yes, the map can be downloaded here:
[url]http://www.newbiesplayground.net/?wpfb_dl=8559[/url]
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

thanks!
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.

Return to “Unreal Projects”