For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

DawnBreaker

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

DawnBreaker

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Always shooting, but no time to relax? Well then I've got something for ya! DawnBreaker is a one-of-a-kind gametype I'm working on.

Goal
The map starts at night, and the sun will come up in about 10 minutes. The plan is to grab as many fireflies as you can. The more flies you gather, the lower the gravity will become. And the lower the gravity, the higher you can climb in a map, up to the stars. After 10 minutes the game ends, and the person with the most flies collected wins.

[img]http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/Bleeder91/Unreal/DawnBreaker1.png[/img]
[img]http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/Bleeder91/Unreal/DawnBreaker2.png[/img]
And yesh, first map is a rework of DMDeck16. So, any1 interested? :)
Pravin

Re: DawnBreaker

Post by Pravin »

What a unique idea! I'm looking forward to this! :)
Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gizzy »

Looks like a very peaceful version of Deck16...looking forward to this one!
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

I like the idea :) definitely looking forward to it. I hope it will be playable with bots.
You must construct additional pylons.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

I like the idea :) definitely looking forward to it. I hope it will be playable with bots.
Well yeah, that would be nice. The way it is now the flies are inventory items that move around so.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Still working on it, changed the concept a bit. There are different colored flies. and instead of the normal time passed, the game now shows the begin time of 07:00 AM and dawn arrives at 10:00 AM. Every second passed is 10 seconds in-game.

Blue: Normal flies.
Yellow: DawnBreak flies, gives 1 extra point and delays Dawn by 1 second.Green: Gives just 1 point, but increases the total fly population by 1.

Map name will be DBDawn16.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

Haha dude, props for uniqueness! ;D

Love to see something different every now and then. Great idea man ^^
Image  Image
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

After 5 years I've decided to make it public. It's not complete at all, but the base is functional and with proper pathing will even make bots catch them all. (works online too)
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/on85ajlxwmjeg ... 0.rar?dl=1
I will update the mod sooner or later, but at least you can enjoy it now and maybe make your own map. Updates should not affect map integrity (example map included to show how the gravity changes work, note that I haven't touched this since '13 so I might come up with a better way to do this).
Last edited by Bleeder91[NL] on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

Really cool idea. I was talking to Bob the other day about something like this for my coop server. I was going to hide golden cows around the maps for people to find but the non-static nature of fireflies just looks way cooler.

I'll throw this on my server tonight. Looking forward to playing something that's relaxing.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Update time! I'm working on an even better looking Deck16 rework that converts it almost completely to natural walls and stuff.

Also detail-wise, players will have a net on their back along with a glass jar that flies will fly into once you catch them. Catching flies and the flies themselves will also have more FX, as well as the map and HUD.

Further I'm adding a way to hunt for flies by having decorations around turn into 'Firefly Hives'. These hives play cricket sounds from a distance and go silent when a player's close. If you manage to pinpoint what decoration is a hive, you can whip out your camera and take a picture, the flash of the camera will release a decent amount of Fireflies from the hive.

Once I got these done I will upload the new version.
Last edited by Bleeder91[NL] on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal Projects”