For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Dark Earth (Unreal Alpha Project)

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Dark Earth (Unreal Alpha Project)

Post by Leo T_C_K »

thanks for explaining

I hope that you will release the project though if something gets abandoned/you can't finish it due to irl reasons and there might be a danger of losing the data though. (just speaking of experience)

I'm especially curious at that mine map that was recreated based on that big layout screenshot where you could see most of it. You posted a gif of it even with the player looking down.
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Re: Dark Earth (Unreal Alpha Project)

Post by Gamesharder »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:39 am I hope that you will release the project though if something gets abandoned/you can't finish it due to irl reasons and there might be a danger of losing the data though. (just speaking of experience)
Of course, there's always a plan B, and as I said, I have more copies not only on my HDD, but on more cloud services.
Leo T_C_K wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:39 am I'm especially curious at that mine map that was recreated based on that big layout screenshot where you could see most of it. You posted a gif of it even with the player looking down.
Oh the factory themed map, that's one of my maps that is close to be finished. ;D

Also I'd like to say that you might seen some of the screenshots aren't loading at all, that's because I kinda messed up the Imgur pictures and their links, and I can't edit my previous posts to update them :P so I'm gonna create a photo album instead somewhere and post all the previous screenshots there + some new one.