For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Going native in UT469+

Sizzl
OldUnreal Member

Going native in UT469+

Post by Sizzl »

What's the skinny then?  :D

FAQ points to this board, but it's seemingly a ghost town here for content about compiling with forward compatibility to UT469.

I see there's a sample package which is getting frequent updates on GitHub, so I'm guessing I just need to "watch this space"?  8-)
Last edited by Sizzl on Sat May 02, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anth
Administrator

Re: Going native in UT469+

Post by anth »

Indeed, watch this space. I currently compile ACE with v469 and it is backward compatible with v436-451. We went out of our way to keep all data structures in Core the same (with some minor exceptions). Important data structures in Engine also remain the same (e.g. the base AActor class and anything related to networking). We also kept nearly all of the old APIs, but obviously added a bunch of new APIs. To make sure your mods are compatible with v436-451, you should link them with the old Core.lib and Engine.lib.

Return to “C++ Native Mods for UE1”