For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Couple of 4.69c questions....

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

prime
OldUnreal Member

Couple of 4.69c questions....

Post by prime »

Hi all,

I'm running Unreal Tornament on Windows 10 X64, up to date with patches.
I (originally) installed UT from the GoTY edition CD, and over the years installed the patches on top.

Previously I had 4.69b, and installed 4.69c, by unzipping over the top and replacing already existing.

I'm using the XOpenGL renderer, graphics card is a Nvidia GT1660super, CPU is a Ryzen 3800.

1) The graphics seem too dark, even with the brightness turned right up in game it seems darker than it was in 4.69b.

2) Playing on some servers running the Monster Hunt and Nali Weapons III mods, in some situations where a lot of monsters are killed in a short period of time, this can cause the frame rate to plumet, often getting as low as 10fps which seems odd. Often if I look away from the carnage for a few seconds the frame rate will go back to 60, but will then start to decrease again as more monsters get killed. It only seems to be in cases of extreme carnage that te frame rate drops, most of the time it's pegged on 60.

Anyone have any clues as to how I can solve these?

Cheers.

Phill.
Buggie
OldUnreal Member

Re: Couple of 4.69c questions....

Post by Buggie »

1. Look at GammaMultiplier in XopenGL render config. Or try other renders.

2. What about other renders? Try them. It can be render specific. Usually D3D9 is best choice on Windows.

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”