For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

On the Lookout for some missing early DMMaps

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Ferox

On the Lookout for some missing early DMMaps

Post by Ferox »

Here is one of the earlier Map Collections I could find out there, yet there are 3 DMMaps that are missing form every collection I have stumbled upon so far.
http://www.gameznet.com/unreal/maps.html
They are
1 DmArena.zip: One of the many so called maps. Yet this one by the Author Magna-Man who made the Bloodmatch SP
2 DM5ForAll.zip by Eradicator1000
3 Tunnels.zip by Philip Gebel. Again some maps exist by that name but not from that author
The Links to their names Highlight their e-mail addresses, though I doubt that will be of much help.

Since I am at it I am also missing DMSparticus by CrazyJoeDevola and "The Journey" by Lestat which seems have been on some s3tc contest and might be an earlier version of dmtwilightmire

I'm also working for some time now on a List of Custom Maps sorted by Date and Gametype. Somewhat similar to what runthinkshootlive did for HalfLifeSP's maps, but its all in .txt and will probably always have some things missing since I just started at random really. Anyway if anyone would be interested in something like that let me know :)
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Re: On the Lookout for some missing early DMMaps

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Ah, a fellow collector. Sadly, I can't help you with Journey (which I always thought was supposed to be an SP).

Interestingly enough, Twilight Mire is a location referred to in Ballad of Ash in one of the Skaarj logs, indicating that it was a Skaarj-operated place. I wonder if the Journey featured it in SP form?

Return to “Unreal General Forum”