For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Return to Na Pali on Mac?

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
dustinechoes849
OldUnreal Member

Return to Na Pali on Mac?

Post by dustinechoes849 »

Hi!!!
I've been playing Unreal on my 800MHz Early 2002 iMac G4 running Mac OS 9.2.2
Game works fine, though I want RTNP!!!
Can I just copy the maps over from the UPak folder on an Unreal Gold CD?
btw is there a way to get the mouse-oriented, UT-style menu as well?

thanks!!! :D :D :D
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Re: Return to Na Pali on Mac?

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

You would need a 224 compatible upak.u that does not have a .dll binding. I presume that aside from that the maps would work normally? I havent set eyes on MAC unreal in such a long time that i dont even know if file extensions are different for unreal packages. I assume that everything but the executable and .dll are in unreal's standard format.
AlexNitro44
OldUnreal Member

Re: Return to Na Pali on Mac?

Post by AlexNitro44 »

Eh, good luck with that. I think there were a few beta updates for the Mac version but IIRC there wasn't a 224 release. I think the packages are the same format, but you'd have some issues with scripting etc.

All I can say is good luck if you wish to try and make it work, you're gonna need it.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”