For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

U1 / UT Old Mods Conversion Help Request General Thread

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

U1 / UT Old Mods Conversion Help Request General Thread

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Greetings!

...after such a long, long time.

I've decided to reinstall Unreal, hopefully permanently, now that I have access to much more HDD space and I know WTF I'm doing and what exactly do I want to keep around installed.

Bottom line is, I'm dabbling in old, custom maps and some have... you guessed it, custom mod dependencies, mostly compatible with version 200. Now from past experiences, simply recompiling the mod under the new engine versions DOES make a map openable but the mod itself (usually a weapon or a monster) is often broken. Hence, I will be requesting coders' help in preparing packages for several builds of Unreal, for various purposes. Now if you want to help but are lacking a System folder for a particular version, fear not as I can upload it on demand.

The versions I'll require help converting the pieces to are as follows:

222 - while subclassing the items as Botpack equivalents (TournamentWeapon, etc). UT99 beta runs on this engine.

224 - general purpose modern U1 code. Should work flawlessly in 225 and 226 and even 227. Also, boxed Return to Na Pali runs on 224.

227 - only if 224 variant ends up broken on 227.

436 - last official version of retail UT. Weapons and items should be subclassed under Botpack (like TournamentWeapon for instance).

469 - if 436 variant of the conversion is broken under 469.

Now I will be uploading the .u files as well as any source code I manage to export. Please do help. Some of these classic 21-and-22-year-old maps deserve to be experienced exactly the way they're meant to be played, not with weapons replaced by regular counterparts.

Thank you very much in advance.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”