For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

SwFModEx doesn't work at all

This forum is for the new audio renderer for UEngine 1 based games, like Unreal, UnrealTournament, DeusEx and Rune. Missing a Game? Want to develop yourself? Let us know!
Valet2

SwFModEx doesn't work at all

Post by Valet2 »

New to Unreal, but oldschool gamer from 20'th century.

Just got Unreal Gold on Steam and 227i patch. Wanted to achieve the best experience (stereoscopic 3d, positional sound with dynamic reverb etc.)

I kinda disliked how FMOD and OpenAL sound. It's in 5.1, but the reverb is weird, and it sounds somewhat wrong. The Galaxy sounds best for me, but doesn't work in 5.1. Tried to choose SwFModEx, but it refuses to run:

[img]http://i104.fastpic.ru/big/2018/0405/aa/77a4cf506d4d2a86b2d18f3125dde8aa.png[/img]

So, do I need to keep trying to get a working swfmodex (whatever it is) or there's a way to make OpenAL sound like Galaxy does?

P.S. I also have Creative X-Fi Titanium with the latest AlChemy, if it does make a difference. All older games with native DirectSound with EAX support work GREAT, but Unreal seems lack supporting it.
Last edited by Valet2 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: SwFModEx doesn't work at all

Post by Smirftsch »

Sorry, I sort of missed this topic.
Although a ...bit late... such an error usually happens if the dll or any of its dependencies can't be loaded. In this case its SwFMOD.dll and fmodex.dll
I am not entirely sure right now if fmodex.dll needs anything additional like a specific vcruntime but I can't remember that it does. It's a bit odd, since everything needed should be provided/included.

However, there is a new 227 in work for a very long time and along with it also some reworked and updated OpenAL. I need to update the builds here in this section again yet, but you can give it a try and try to give feedback what exactly you dislike, so there is maybe a way to work on it, or give it an option to adjust.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

[glow=yellow,2,300]The Log.[/glow]
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

http://www.dependencywalker.com/
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.

Return to “ALAudio (OpenAL), FMOD (FMOD3 and FMOD Ex) or other new audio renderer for UEngine 1 Games”