For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

227J Deathmatch related questions (Bugs\Patches)

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
Blu3Haz3
OldUnreal Member

227J Deathmatch related questions (Bugs\Patches)

Post by Blu3Haz3 »

Yo, so I loaded up some deathmatch recently online, and noticed the crouch bug was gone. Is there a boolean or something in the advanced settings to re-enable it or is it completely patched? Generally speaking, it was a pretty big part of deathmatch mechanics for skilled players since you made your hitbox smaller and less easy to hit headshots. I noticed another strange bug that has to do with UTeamFix 10G where in 227J or really any version for that matter, the mouse input feels really off. Slower turn speed, almost feels like I am playing with an XIM4 on the PC, negative accel or even acceleration, it feels like a sensitivity cap as well on the maximum turn speed so there is latency on 180-360 flicks. None of this appears to be noticeable in 227J Vanilla Deathmatch or any other gamemode, just UTeamFix 10G so far. I would ignore UTeamFix 10G except I love the bots in it, there are also some nice settings like AirControl etc.
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Re: 227J Deathmatch related questions (Bugs\Patches)

Post by Masterkent »

Blu3Haz3 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:38 amYo, so I loaded up some deathmatch recently online, and noticed the crouch bug was gone. Is there a boolean or something in the advanced settings to re-enable it or is it completely patched?
There is no flag that would return crouch-running.
Blu3Haz3 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:38 amGenerally speaking, it was a pretty big part of deathmatch mechanics for skilled players since you made your hitbox smaller and less easy to hit headshots.
You can still avoid headshots that way, but running while crouching is not possible anymore. The fix is the same as in Unreal Tournament. BTW, crouch-running could work differently on server and client due to possible network desyncs, and you could catch a headshot while crouching client-side because the server might think that your crouching animation ended much sooner.
Blu3Haz3 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:38 amI noticed another strange bug that has to do with UTeamFix 10G where in 227J or really any version for that matter, the mouse input feels really off.
As far as I remember, UTeamFix has mouse smoothing enabled by default. It reduces mouse responsiveness a lot. The mod has its own config option for that smoothing - bUTFnoMouseSmoothing in User.ini.

Return to “Unreal 227”