For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Importing and using obj questions

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Importing and using obj questions

Post by gopostal »

This is simple stuff but I'm unclear how to use .usm files. I imported an obj into the editor and saved the model into a usm file that is properly stored in the Meshes folder.

To properly use that file online do I import the usm into the u file via obj load or just reference the package.model as my static mesh and redirect the usm?
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Re: Importing and using obj questions

Post by yrex . »

.usm is an ordinary unreal package, so treat it the same as everything else. This also means that you don't need to use it, and you can store your meshes in .u/.unr/etc...

So probably both of your solutions would work.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Importing and using obj questions

Post by gopostal »

Thanks yrex. I did fairly extensive testing last night and found out pretty much exactly what you said. This works perfectly:

Code: Select all

#exec obj load file=..\Meshes\goCowPoop.usm package=goCowPatty
I'm laying the groundwork to begin a monsters-as-pets mod and I was starting with the cow.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

Return to “Unreal 227”