For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Weird editor issue

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Weird editor issue

Post by gopostal »

Potential bug with editor and multiple monitors. I was just working in editor and had the actor properties menu open on my second monitor with the main editor screen open on my main screen. After closing and reopening editor I can no longer see or find my actor properties screen. I've tried deleting the editor.ini and generating a new one but it still is missing. The only thing I'm getting is this: https://ibb.co/4fy4G5B

It's an X sitting in the seam between monitors but I cannot click on it or interact in any way with it.

Edit: found the offending setting
[code]ActorProperties=(X=0,Y=246,XL=16,YL=782)[/code]
Nulling this returned the window.
Last edited by gopostal on Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Weird editor issue

Post by BobIsUnreal »

this happens with the "advanced options" box to in a server.
it will usually hide as a 1pt sized window on the extreme left of your second monitor.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Weird editor issue

Post by gopostal »

Thanks B. Several programs have this problem too. There was a thread at UT99.org where UMake was fixed to handle multiple monitors.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

Return to “Unreal 227”