For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

227 on Android?

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
[UDHQ]Jackrabbit
OldUnreal Member

227 on Android?

Post by [UDHQ]Jackrabbit »

I am wondering with the recent news of the UT 227 patch if there were any plans for an Unralsource port to android devices . Currently I use DosBox and DeltaTouch for gaming but it would be nice to add Unreal to the list.
Jaden Darchon (Pcube)
OldUnreal Member

Re: 227 on Android?

Post by Jaden Darchon (Pcube) »

Whoa.. Great idea! HeheHEheHehEhe. ...

I wonder if it will have Static Meshes Too...

sincerely,
--- The Jesus of JGrass
[UDHQ]Jackrabbit
OldUnreal Member

Whoa.. Great idea! HeheHEheHehEhe. ...

I wonder if it will have Static Meshes Too...

sincerely,
--- The Jesus of JGrass
Ok cool, but just as long as the Avatars line up properly with the names....

-UnrealGoldRox
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

although technically possible now with the Linux ARM port and XOpenGLDrv supporting GL ES it would be still a long way to go, and we would never get permission for this anyway.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
[UDHQ]Jackrabbit
OldUnreal Member

although technically possible now with the Linux ARM port and XOpenGLDrv supporting GL ES it would be still a long way to go, and we would never get permission for this anyway.
Maybe in time permission could be granted.  A good example of proper implementation would be OMW (Open Microwave)

"The OpenMicroWave project is not affiliated with or endorsed by Bethesda Softworks. OpenMicroWave is an open-source recreation of the Morrowind game engine and contains no code or resources copyrighted by or belonging to Bethesda Softworks. To play the game, you need to copy a licensed installation of Morrowind from your PC."

I assume the same could be done for Unreal to avoid licensing issues.

Oh, and by the way can someone send me my stream passcode I need to download a copy of Morrowind :D
Last edited by [UDHQ]Jackrabbit on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaden Darchon (Pcube)
OldUnreal Member

Post by Jaden Darchon (Pcube) »

Will the Version Wars ever truly come to an end?...... .. .. . . . ....

The Evil 226f Empire _vs_ the unreal Gold Rebels..

Triggering the AmbientSounds of warLords, the SunsEmpire home base fires a GibRocket of doom at Planet Narnia. How will the Holy Order of Unreal Gold Dodge the 4-titted Shock Combo?
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Will the Version Wars ever truly come to an end?...... ..  .. . . . ....

The Evil 226f Empire _vs_ the unreal Gold Rebels..

Triggering the AmbientSounds of warLords, the SunsEmpire home base fires a GibRocket of doom at Planet Narnia. How will the Holy Order of Unreal Gold Dodge the 4-titted Shock Combo?
LOL ;D
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
lowenz
OldUnreal Member

Post by lowenz »

[UDHQ]Jackrabbit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:24 am I am wondering with the recent news of the UT 227 patch if there were any plans for an Unralsource port to android devices . Currently I use DosBox and DeltaTouch for gaming but it would be nice to add Unreal to the list.
Up.....it would be really interesting to run Unreal on Android TV with keyboard and mouse.

Return to “Unreal 227”