For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

need help with installation plz email me or on msn

Anything related to the Real-CTF-Mod
i live to frag any one xP

need help with installation plz email me or on msn

Post by i live to frag any one xP »

i have had a prob plz tell me any one why i can not play the real ctf mod>
i install it in the unreal sys directory but when i went to start the bot macth the option of ctf was not there so i went ot the advanced options and found that there were options to set but it said that it failed to load.
i downloaded the smallest ctf package could that be it if any one can help me out email me
Ben_collis@optusnet.com.au
this also works with msn messenger (person to person would be more peferable:)
bencollis glad to kill any one (on line that is)
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: need help with installation plz email me or on

Post by Smirftsch »

to play u should download all 3 packages; unfortunately u didnt post the unreal version u are playin with; - aside this, a strange behavior of unreal is, that if u installed a lot of mods, that some gametypes are not displayed anymore; u could start the mod with a console command, or simply move some of the other mods outta ur system dir (simply move the .u files of it into f.e. the unreal dir, and move only the mod u wanna play back into ur system dir...)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Re: need help with installation plz email me or on

Post by TCP_Wolf »

I assume you only downloaded the "code base" - 332k. You also need the "media" pack to get started at all, but it certainly makes sense to get the complete help and MapPack1 too, because with the help you will get all the infos you need how things work, new key settings, what the new symbols mean etc etc, and playing RealCTF without ANY RealCTF map actually does work (try Deck16), because the mod calculates 2 flag bases if none are on the map, but true RealCTF maps are always better.

Alternatively, forget all those files and grab the one big RealCTF_1_0_55_NOUMOD_full.zip (25 MB) because this comprises all of the 4 other archives. There is just no installer on that one, so you need to copy the files in the appropriate directories yourself after unzipping, this is meant for Unreal GOLD users especially or for users whose UMOD installer is either not working or if people just don't like it...

If the RealCTF modes still don't show up then, Smirftsch's tip above is quite witty, but moving the u files out the system directory will produce errors, rather move the "INT" files because these files tell Unreal which things to load up :)
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-

Return to “Real-CTF Board”