For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Splash Logo

Unreal Mod related boards can be found here. Missing one? Let me know.
Pitbull
Administrator

Splash Logo

Post by Pitbull »

Anyone know of a stand alone mod to have a splash logo appear on screen when map switches or a new player enters server? EDM has it's mutator for this but I'm looking for a stand alone version. I found one for UT which includes source code for the test version. Could this be used or modified for use?

http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=S ... plashLogo/
Upon this rock I will build my church O:-)

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Splash Logo

Post by gopostal »

I used this for a while and it's kind of neat but honestly the players get tired of it pretty fast. You could import this into Unreal easily but I'd think a little bit about whether you really want to or not. At the very least you ought to give the client the ability to opt out of the splash. That would probably mitigate the worst of the criticism for using it.

Logo splash makes much better sense in games like Arma where loading takes a bit of time. In my ArmaII DayZ mod servers I had a "where's Waldo" series that let the joining players try to find the Waldo Zombie in the pictures. It was a lot of work making the pictures but my players appreciated the effort. In UT though the maps load so fast that a few seconds of blocked screen or hijacked audio at the start of a map could be a problem.

Anyway PB, that's just my opinion, but yeah you could make this work in Unreal.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Pitbull
Administrator

Re: Splash Logo

Post by Pitbull »

Well I always liked the TCP logo on their UT2K4 server. It would only be visible while the checks were running and lasted for a few seconds. It adds a personal touch to the server. As for me I can't make it happen. That's why I posted. Would be nice if someone could port this over.

Now granted if it was some huge download that took forever to load etc I'd see and even justify criticism but I'm thinking simplicity. A brief logo using a small file. I agree on the sound part though. No need for that part.
Upon this rock I will build my church O:-)

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.

Return to “Unreal Mods”