For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal HD Weapons Mod

Unreal Mod related boards can be found here. Missing one? Let me know.
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Unreal HD Weapons Mod

Post by Fred »

I asking whether any one knows about the problem people are having with the Unreal HD Weapons Mod causing 227i game crashes. I'm talking about the mod listed here.:

https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal/down ... hd-weapons

Some say that the pre 227i game works with this mod, but not with the 227i version. I have no idea. I'd like to try the mod, but I'm using 227i.

Fred

lowenz
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal HD Weapons Mod

Post by lowenz »

The task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen, but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees - E.S.
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fred »

Hi lowenz,

Well, cut off my pants and call me shorty. I downloaded and installed that HD Skins update, you link to, a couple days ago. I didn't understand that it includs HD textures for weapons. I thought it includes skins for other stuff. I haven't played since I installed it. I'm still in the process of updating everything.

Thanks for enlightening me. I'm sometimes dumber than a door knob about things like this.

Fred

lowenz
OldUnreal Member

Post by lowenz »

For the weapons too in *UNREAL* (not UT, but you can play UT with OldSkool mod).
Just enable the mutator ;)
Last edited by lowenz on Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen, but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees - E.S.
Fred
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fred »

lowenz,

Yeah, I've installed the mod in both Unreal and UT99, and enabled them.  I only didn't understand that the mod includes HD skins for weapons.  I found an online post explaining how to enable them, otherwise I didn't know how.  He he.  I also have Oldskool installed in UT99.

It's sometimes hard to see the upgraded and improved textures, when one doesn't know what to look for.  Some of the objects, and what have you, are obvious, but others not so much, like the trees.

Having the old items and the new ones side by side makes it easier to notice the diffefence.  Even so, I'm getting the hang of it.  I'm noticing more and more.  Ha!

Fred
Last edited by Fred on Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal Mods”