For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

unrea.exe stays, tearing,

Hardware & Driver related problems
StuffedNoise

unrea.exe stays, tearing,

Post by StuffedNoise »

radeon. compatibility setting on unreal.exe = "windows98 / ME".
original cdinstall, unrealpatch226final.exe, OMP-226.exe.
In direct3d lamps in the prisson are pretty much just white, with opengl they have some dotty pattern on them also. curious if that is some enhanced texture or what other than that i dont see better textures with opengl and the highest settings compared to the d3d. opengl is a little shinier with the colored lightening int he game so i prefer it. but when standing in flashing light the screen tears when updating. it does not in d3d though. how do i fix that in opengl?
when quitting unreal.exe the process stays on in the taskmanager if im using opengl. if i use d3d its fine. must be with the oldurneal opengl or? how can i fix that? no such prob with other games..

one last thing out of topic:
when playing with a friend coop i have bound summon weapons to the numpadkeys. so that if we die on a level we have no weapons but can pickup from summoned weaponspawns in the start of the level. is there however a way to fix so that we don't lose weapons when we die? like when playing unreal single player. ofcourse then a saving is used so the ammo used after the save comes back. i dont mind if the ammo used in coop online doesnt come back when respawning but i would like to get the weapons :)
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Re: unrea.exe stays, tearing,

Post by TCP_Wolf »

You should have split up your post, because the 2nd part is totally unrelated to "Hardware & drivers" (which you have even stated so yourself).

But your "coop" question... some mods already give you back your stuff on dying... I plan to include the feature in UTF too.
Last edited by TCP_Wolf on Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
StuffedNoise

Post by StuffedNoise »

so what mod do u recommend for playing unreal1 cooperatively in its original format? :)
StalwartUK

Post by StalwartUK »

so what mod do u recommend for playing unreal1 cooperatively in its original format? :)
You dont need any mod to play Unreal Coop in its original format.
StuffedNoise

Post by StuffedNoise »

well i was just told i need a mod to have the weapons stay after a death.. like in single player.. i have run u1 coop online witha friend and when we die we loose all weaps
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

For the keeping weapons thing, You've got a number of options...

First, try ending the level with lots of equipment. Then, when you die, re-join the server (in v226 and gold you can just hit tab and type 'reconnect') an you'll have whatever weps you had when the level ended. Everything you collected during that particular level will still be lost though.

Second, an unreal player named .:..: made a keep inventory mutator...I don't know where you might download this (Dots really sucks at advertising his mods and muts) but if you could probably track him down, or ask Hyper about it, since he uses it on his server.

Lastly, i dunno if you already know this, but you can make the weapons respawn by themselves by adding 'admin set respawntime 3' to your keybinds...You might also like the command 'admin set pickupammocount '.

Hey i'm on a roll today!
As much as i try, i cannot seem to think of an interesting and amusing signature...I blame the stupid fools who stole all my ideas for decent signatures...

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
StuffedNoise

Post by StuffedNoise »

Thnx for all the input.
Im the host so i cant rejoin. Also the weapons are respawning due to a coop weapon mode setting however some levels don't have ie admd spawn so if we die we have to make summon asmds and while that soemwhat solves the problem it would be nice to use such a mutator ur speaking of. Thanks for that tip, ill do some search of private msg any of those 2 you mentioned.
Didn't even know u1 had support for mutators. :)
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Didn't even know u1 had support for mutators. :)
Normal Unreal mutators are extremely limited in their powers, all events they receive are "IsRelevant()" afaik so practically all they can do is Replace or modify items / Actors as their respective "PreBeginPlay()" event is fired.

Practically every serious larger scale mod implements its own highly improved mutators and calls self-made events. Of course you can't write a mutator with these enhanced features for one mod then and expect it to run in another...
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-

Return to “Hardware & Drivers”