For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

64 bit compatabillity

To find and remove the bugs we needed every bug known in current 226. You can still review them here.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

64 bit compatabillity

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Last night i was on HLK TeamSpeak where the mouse sensitivity issue came up(see Jackrabbit's post). In that same conversation we also talked about the 64 bit compatabillity.

Besides {HLK}Hifi's mouseproblem, he also was talking about the 64 bit compatabillity. I am not a 64 bit user, but i thought, this too may be part of the 227 patch.

Or some other programmer could make a decent compatabillity tool.

I don't know anything about the subject, so i have no clue if this should be part of the 227 patch or a seperate driver (?) for 64 bit. But seeing the fact that all systems will go more and more towards 64 bit, this at least could be an important issue very soon.

I am just pointing on a near future possible  :o problem for Unreal users.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: 64 bit compatabillity

Post by Smirftsch »

i already thought about a 64bit version of Unreal, but i have currently no idea how much work it will be. And aside the free vc++ express version for 32bit there is none for 64bit from microsoft. I can't afford a complete new development studio at the moment....

But i'm pretty sure Unreal will run in a 64Bit Windows. If not...well, there is still time, not many people are using 64Bit Windows yet.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

If i am correct Hifi was able to run it alright, but i am not sure what problems he had. But the main part from my story was just a reminder that 64 does excist in case no-one had already realized it :)

And if i see him again, i will ask him if there are drivers (?) or tools (32 bit box ?)that are needed to run it. If those are there and uptainable ill add them to the downloads.
Last edited by DieHard SCWS on Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

windoze64 is a bi-arch system that shouldnt require anything additional to run 32bit apps. Not sure about vista however.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Vista will ship in both 32- and 64 bit versions. The 64-bit version will also run 32-bit software, but in a slightly lower speed than the 32-bit version of Vista.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Fuzzhead
OldUnreal Member

Post by Fuzzhead »

i already thought about a 64bit version of Unreal, but i have currently no idea how much work it will be. And aside the free vc++ express version for 32bit there is none for 64bit from microsoft. I can't afford a complete new development studio at the moment....

But i'm pretty sure Unreal will run in a 64Bit Windows. If not...well, there is still time, not many people are using 64Bit Windows yet.
dont stress it smirftsch :P im running unreal on my 64 bit oporating system as we speak and its running perfectly fine, although the same im sure the 227 patch will run naturally on 64 bit oses ;D
characters remaining 176
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Good news. I expected it to be like that but now its confirmed. Thanks :)

Return to “Report Bugs in Unreal 226 versions”