For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

.PSK PolyFlags.

Questions and tools for modelling.
Skywolf
OldUnreal Member

.PSK PolyFlags.

Post by Skywolf »

Before I start asking questions: I FINNALY SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED A SKELETAL ANIMATION INTO UNREAL! ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;D. If only the documentation of Blender's exported was better and told me I need both the armature and the mesh at the center ::).

Now the question: How do I set the PolyFlags in .PSK files? All I can find is this tool (which you have to compile yourself :-/. Guess if I wanted things to be easy I would have switched to a different engine already ;)) but I have no idea what the PolyFlags are. The code itself uses POLY_MASKED which is easy to understand but then there is POLY_TWOS which is a abbreviation for Two Sided. I can't find anywhere what the correct flags are and I don't feel like trying every possible abbreviation for all the flags. On top of that does it seems like you can't combine them which I believe should be possible.

Any ideas?
I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament ::).
Skywolf
OldUnreal Member

Re: .PSK PolyFlags.

Post by Skywolf »

Nevermind. Already found it out. The PolyFlags were defined in another file :D.

However, this tool was made before AlphaBlend was a thing. So now I wonder if it is possible to add this this one aswell.

This is how the code currently looks:

Code: Select all

#define POLY_TRANS 0x2
#define POLY_ENV 0x40
#define POLY_NOSMOOTH 0x80
#define POLY_UNLIT 0x10
#define POLY_TWOS 0x1
#define POLY_MODULATED 0x4
#define POLY_MASKED 0x3
I assume you can just add another one here with the correct value behind it and it would work. Problem is that I have no idea what that value should be. Anybody an idea?
I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament ::).
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: .PSK PolyFlags.

Post by gopostal »

You might find this interesting reading:
UTPackageFileFormat
It has a ton of relevant information.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

Return to “Modelling”