For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

i need a advanced coders help

The section related to UnrealScript and modding. This board is for coders to discuss and exchange experiences or ask questions.
chilz
OldUnreal Member

i need a advanced coders help

Post by chilz »

ok people a freind of mine imported a rocketx mod from ut but i am having problems with it everytime i try to use it with a summon it kills you when accelerate and its not working right anyone able to offer some help or able to look it over for me
chilz
OldUnreal Member

Re: i need a advanced coders help

Post by chilz »

and one more thing though it works perfect in singleplayer mode
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

This is where Cheese comez in 8-)
Image  Image
Cheese
OldUnreal Member

Post by Cheese »

Well i'll need a little more information if you want any help..
If it works fine in single player, then it might be a replication problem, which I can't really help with.
What exactly is this mod? Is it a projectile you're trying to summon? There might be something in the code that is making it work improperly.
Currently lurking...
chilz
OldUnreal Member

Post by chilz »

ok the rocketx is a redeemer form ut99 and basically is a jet that you can pick up a teammate then go for the capture it also shoots if you want i can email you the mod after import or you can get the original from ut at www.rosebum.com the rocketx is also known as the strange love
chilz
OldUnreal Member

Post by chilz »

one more thing leo tck said that black cheetah might have messed up the coding when he did it but it might have something to do with server actors i really dont know
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

hey i remember that mod hehe...played it online on UT99....worked fine....but not in Unreal1? hmm....:P
Image  Image
chilz
OldUnreal Member

Post by chilz »

well thats the idea of making a ctf similar to the ut version with oldschool weapons and the rx but i am having nothing but probs and might just shut the server down and start playing ut more if i get the rx to work ill probably keep it up but who knows theres a week left before i pay again
Raven
OldUnreal Member

Post by Raven »

Maybe you need to make some changes in netcode ??
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I said that he needs probably to properly replicate it, ut and unreal replications are different.

But I managed to replicate properly muzzleflashes, hud variations etc, so it is possible. Only with different method.

Return to “UScript Board”