For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Icon dissapeared; effect still in the game

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
Jasvae

Icon dissapeared; effect still in the game

Post by Jasvae »

In one of my maps, an AmbientSound icon has appeared in the editor, but the sound still plays in the game. How can I, either find the Icon back again, or either delete the AmbientSound from the map? I've had the same problem with some corona-light-effects. The corona's still show up, but the Icons disapeared from the editor.

They still show up in the Search for Actor list.
Last edited by Jasvae on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krull0r
Global Moderator

Re: Icon dissapeared; effect still in the game

Post by Krull0r »

They still show up in the Search for Actor list.

Hello

First of all check that you haven't hide your actor accidently. To check this press on your toolbar on the grey eye with the X.

if not:

Search the actor with the search function. Select the actor in the list with duple click, so your camera switches to the position of your disappeared actor.

Press F4 to open the Actor Properties, check the DrawScale, DrawType and Texture in Display.

and set:

DrawScale: 1
DrawType: DT_Sprite
Texture: Texture'Engine.S_Ambient'

Jasvae

Post by Jasvae »

How strange, but thanks! It worked -> I did accidentally hide it.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

This is something that I really wished was addressed somehow. You should be able to click actors and hide them until the map gets reloaded. Multi-layer buildings are so hard to work on when you don't know which light or trigger you are selecting.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

This is something that I really wished was addressed somehow. You should be able to click actors and hide them until the map gets reloaded. Multi-layer buildings are so hard to work on when you don't know which light or trigger you are selecting.
There is a way to do this, it's called Grouping. The browser has a tab where you can assign selected actors to a group, after which you can select which groups you want to see in the editor. Additionally this allows you to rebuild only certain parts of your map, so that you don't have to rebuild the entire map when you've just changed a single brush.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

I'll be dipped....It does work. Love this! Thank you Bleeder!
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Jasvae

Post by Jasvae »

Jaah, I like that, thanks!

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”