For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

quick question

URP - the Unreal Retexturing Project: for those who are interested in High-Resolution Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament or may want to take part in creating them

Moderator: ahaigh01

bluedruM
OldUnreal Member

quick question

Post by bluedruM »

Don't laugh at me because i'm not great w/ this kind of stuff but is this considered a high or low-end video card? Is this even my video card?(rather be safe and check) lol

82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Its a new moniter and i just installed unreal for this PC. Ready for high res- textures ;)
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself....
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Re: quick question

Post by DieHard SCWS »

82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
I would need more info than that like brand etc. but even than its impossible to tell really. As for Low and High End, i simply advise people to download the High End, and see if they work for you, if yes thats cool, if not, than try the Low End versions.

I pretty much asume that the threshold is on the 128 mb videocard, which is what i also have. Mostly it works fine, but on some maps that have alot of different (S3TC) textures it drops in framerate.

But it also depends on how powerfull your computer is as far as CPU, memory, type of HD and more important the number of harddrives sitting in your comp. Having seperate drives for swapfiles dramatically improoves performance on any system.

As i also mentioned, the High/Low end specs are only guidelines and nothing more. Its kinda try and error really. In addition to all that i didnt take in account what renderer is being used, OpenGL or D3D9, that too can make a difference.

And since there is no way for me to test it, i simply advise downloading the High End and see if that works :) And hopefully it does :)
bluedruM
OldUnreal Member

Re: quick question

Post by bluedruM »

okay thanks for the advice i will try that. Rather be safe than sorry :D

BTW: it is Intel. I'm not too sure if that is the video card or type of monitor i have listed so i thought i would just check.

I will d/l the high end and tell you how that goes ;)

Thanks again
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself....

Return to “High-Res Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament”