For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Mover givin´damage to players ??

Ask UnrealEd 2 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
cinnober
OldUnreal Member

Mover givin´damage to players ??

Post by cinnober »

Is it possible to make a mover give damage to a player when he is been hit by the mover or even crush him ??
Pravin

Re: Mover givin´damage to players ??

Post by Pravin »

YEAH IT IS!!!!

To make a mover instantly kill players upon encroach, just set MoverEncroachType to ME_CrushWhenEncroach. This will also destroy inventory that happen to be in the path of the mover..

To make a mover inflict damage upon encroached actors, just set its EncroachDamage to something nonzero and give it an encroach type other than ignore or crush.

(all of the vars are accessible from the mover's default properties under the mover tab)
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Interesting, I've really noticed that in UT movers with ME_CrushWhenEncroach it destroys anything where they go. But in U1 it's not like that! For example, look at DM-Twilight. It has several traps with a crushing movers, and in U1 it's all OK, but in UT inventory items disappear. That's why in DM-TwilightUT I had to adjust the mover movement height so it would kill players but not the Redeemer there. Why did it change? Maybe it's possible to keep the inventory items in UT too?
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

I'm not sure about this, but I think that the item falling or not is in the item's properties.

I'll check on that and see if I'm correct.
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~

Return to “UnrealEd 2, the editor for UnrealTournament”