For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Lift Mover Question

Ask UnrealEd 2 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
GcSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Lift Mover Question

Post by GcSkaarj »

I'm wonder if it's possible to have a lift that's works on 3 different levels, so being more specific, the situation are this:

[URL=http://img571.imageshack.us/i/levels.jpg/][img]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/878/levels.jpg[/img][/URL]

As you can see, there are 3 different levels, upper, base and underground.

The mover default position are on the base level, and if are activated (by touching it), it will go to the upper level, and return to the base (only this 2 floors).

Now the difficult part here is if you are in the underground level, the mover will go to this floor, by activating it by a trigger (only will go here by the trigger).

Is there a way to do this?
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Re: Lift Mover Question

Post by GreatEmerald »

Sounds like an ElevatorMover. http://www.hypercoop.tk/infobase/codebase/Unreal_227_UScript_Documentation/Source_unreali/elevatormover.html

Not sure how (and if) it works (correctly), though.
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Tue May 06, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gizzy »

TCUERAG (Complete UnrealED Reference and guide) explains lifts that move to multiple floors quite well, It's in the downloads section somewhere (I recommend checking it out if you've not read it)
GcSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by GcSkaarj »

TCUERAG (Complete UnrealED Reference and guide) explains lifts that move to multiple floors quite well, It's in the downloads section somewhere (I recommend checking it out if you've not read it)
Thanks, I'll check it out.
GcSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by GcSkaarj »

I have read the mover tutorials and I find that the different types of movers doesn't work (or at least I can't figure it out) because:

If the Base level are the frame 0, Upper 1 and Underground 2, then:

Gradual: If you are in the underground level you can't call the elevator if are staying in the base level, it must be in the upper level for calling it.

Elevator: Seems very promising... but it stays forever in the current frame if other trigger are not activated (with a OpenStayTime parameter it will be perfect)

Assert: You can't choose the level by a trigger, and when they work, they will do ALL the frames.
Last edited by GcSkaarj on Thu May 06, 2010 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

Elevator: Seems very promising... but it stays forever in the current frame if other trigger are not activated (with a OpenStayTime parameter it will be perfect)
With ElevatorMover you are meant to use ElevatorTrigger, not normal Trigger. On ElevatorTrigger you can chose what keyframe the ElevatorMover should go to.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
GcSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by GcSkaarj »

With ElevatorMover you are meant to use ElevatorTrigger, not normal Trigger. On ElevatorTrigger you can chose what keyframe the ElevatorMover should go to.
Indeed, I have not written the name right, the specific name of the actor here is ElevatorTrigger, not trigger. I really think that if a elevator mover will have a stand open time, and then return to keyframe 0 will be perfect.

Anyway, the whole elevator system is to sophisticated and have a lot of flaws (like radial triggers activating square lifts: if you are in the corner it will not be activated, and so on) so I have decided to change the design of the map, perhaps I will add a second mover.

Thanks anyway.
Last edited by GcSkaarj on Thu May 06, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “UnrealEd 2, the editor for UnrealTournament”