For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

The Sunspire conversion map

The forum related to the Usermaps section, please ask questions here. This board is for mappers to discuss and exchange experiences
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

The Sunspire conversion map

Post by GreatEmerald »

Wow, I have just saw that someone else is working with The Sunspire as well! But ah well, I've converted it already, and I'll still keep my map!

Back to the point:
Like TheEmperorStalwartUK, I loved the view of The Sunspire, and wanted to see how it would look if it was in it's former glory. So, I've converted this singleplay map to a Botmatch. Here's a nice log about what I have done:

"Log: GreatEmerald, The Sunspire clean-up chief: With some help of other Nali and especially the Messiah, we have rid of all those nasty monsters, spawn points and creature factories. We have also lit up the dark chambers and checked that Pupae wouldn't be hiding anywhere. We have also cleared the whole Sunspire from dead bodies."

But I also have some problems with it. There were PathNodes added there already, but there were no LiftCenters, LiftExits and PlayerStarts. So I've added all of those, but I still have some problems with it. One is that bots don't want to ride up the lifts - they wait for them to arrive at their floor, but the lifts are already there! That applies to many lifts in the ground level. But bots like to go down. Another problem is that the bots don't want to go by paths sometimes, and just camps around. And also in the Cistern room, you can see a huge hole in the water, which shouldn't be. Even more, if I rebuild the map, the water surface goes invisible for some odd reason. And finally, there are a few things that bots can't reach for some reason, for example, the last flare in the Great Hall. So if anyone could debug this map, it would be fit for publishing! Oh, and I don't know how to make it to a Botmatch (15 players minimum :D) by default, any ideas?

So, here's a link for you to download The Sunspire conversion map:
http://uppit.com/d/WULUG
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Re: The Sunspire conversion map

Post by Shivaxi »

lol...its nice and all...but StalwartUK is makin a DM sunspire from scratch using the Sunspire theme :P so i think he will own u lol :P
Image  Image
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Yea, I guess so ;) I'm now working on a project which I call DM-AllHallowsSunset (you got it, it's the Na Pali Haven or SkyTown)! Got one building working now, but there are loads of triggers... And many movers, and all set to TriggerControl, but it should be BumpOpenTimed or TriggerOpenTimed! Gah, that's some work, but it will work, and maybe be better for bots! And require less of them playing...
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Could you please fix the download link?
I'm pretty interested in this one!
Thanks in advance.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Link fix please.