For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Latest Unreal Tournament patch?

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

Rob-Bot
OldUnreal Member

Latest Unreal Tournament patch?

Post by Rob-Bot »

Hey, I was just wondering if there is a decent unreal tournament patch later than version 436. Whether it's by epic or player-made. I need something that will possibly fix my game, because like Unreal 1, this doesn't seem to work right. It acts as if it's in slomo 0 and the screen rotates on its own. 227 fixed my Unreal 1, so is there something out there that can possible fix my Unreal Tournament? (I downloaded version 436 and it didn't help :( )
Rob-Bot
OldUnreal Member

Re: Latest Unreal Tournament patch?

Post by Rob-Bot »

my processor is : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual  Core Processor 4000+

And I use windows xp, if this is of any help
Last edited by Rob-Bot on Thu May 22, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob-Bot
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rob-Bot »

Oh wait I meant to put my video card, not my processor.

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

BTW, thanks Smirf and Casey and the other team for making 227 which has allowed me to continue playing Unreal 1 ;)
Raven
OldUnreal Member

Post by Raven »

Try to search for dualcore fix. I found this at BU: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=176797 I can't test this since I have singlecore.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

there are dozens of related topics here at oldunreal. Basically you only need to open taskmanager, open processes, chose UnrealTournament -> right mouse -> set affinity -> uncheck one of the cpu's.

The latest UTPG patch 4.51 may fix the problem too.
Anyway, I made a fixed version for 4.36 with new FMOD,OpenAL, OpenGL and currently working on UT4.68 as well (will need some time to really finish 4.68)
But both versions are of no use at the moment because they will cause trouble with current anticheat tools and some native based mods. Not sure how to handle this...
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Rob-Bot
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rob-Bot »

Thank you both very much, and sorry for posting a topic that is the same as the others, but I tried searching and I didn't find anything. Thanks again! :D
Pitbull
Administrator

Post by Pitbull »

there are dozens of related topics here at oldunreal. Basically you only need to open taskmanager, open processes, chose UnrealTournament -> right mouse -> set affinity -> uncheck one of the cpu's.

The latest UTPG patch 4.51 may fix the problem too.
Anyway, I made a fixed version for 4.36 with new FMOD,OpenAL, OpenGL and currently working on UT4.68 as well (will need some time to really finish 4.68)
But both versions are of no use at the moment because they will cause trouble with current anticheat tools and some native based mods. Not sure how to handle this...
Just contact http://www.unrealadmin.org/ I'm sure they would welcome it.
Upon this rock I will build my church O:-)

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Its not that easy, to update the mods out there they still need to be maintained AND I need to be allowed to release public headers.
Even if I'm allowed, I'm not sure if the UT community will appreciate it, it may mean a lot of work for a lot of people (although it seems to be a logical step in my eyes since the new headers would work on a new vc++ express which is free, so its way more easy to develop mods for everyone)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Madis
OldUnreal Member

Post by Madis »

Try to search for dualcore fix. I found this at BU: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=176797 I can't test this since I have singlecore.
Hahaha, I made that topic when I bought AMD 64 x2 Dual :D

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”