For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

OpenGL rendering error

Questions, Tips&Tricks for the special patches
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

OpenGL rendering error

Post by GreatEmerald »

Is there a way to avoid this very odd crash that occurs quite often when using OpenGL rendering? The error message is:

Code: Select all

General protection fault!

History: URender::DrawFrame
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: OpenGL rendering error

Post by Smirftsch »

Never seen this error before...:(

For the settings:
Can't tell for Intel, but you really should have a close look at this page before changing anything:
http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/settings.html
Last edited by Smirftsch on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Re: OpenGL rendering error

Post by GreatEmerald »

Yes, I know this page. Just that it doesn't help too much, as many say "enable if there is hardware support for.." and I have no idea what my card supports, it's a very not popular one. Doesn't support T&L for sure, no idea on others, for example, Palettes... And some things don't say anything to me, like:
"UseTrilinear - [True/False]
Controls the use of trilinear texture filtering."
What if I have no idea on what that is? Lol!

Hey, thanks! You forced me to google the page where it states everything that my card supports! Thanks, maybe it will be better now!

Return to “OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament”