For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Na Pali & opengl2105

Questions, Tips&Tricks for the special patches
jack_schitt

Na Pali & opengl2105

Post by jack_schitt »

I tried the latest opengl driver with unreal226f, everything works great. However, when I tried it with na pali, the game works, but, whenever I press esc, to get to the menus, all I get is the windows cursor and no menus, press esc again, and it goes back to the game. Can anyone help ? Also, has anyone figured out how to get the hires textures from ut to work with the patch ? :)
jack_schitt

Re: Na Pali & opengl2105

Post by jack_schitt »

all fixed now. I just had to reinstall windows....nah, not really, all I had to do was uninstall - reinstall na-pali :)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I'm surprised re installing Na Pali worked for you like that. I uninstalled a re installed a few times to no avail. The readme included in 2.1.0.5. has no Na Pali specific instructions for patching. As was, just patching Na Pali to 226 made it screw up. What I did was dump all of the files in the 2.1.0.5. patch into the Na Pali/System dir, and now I have a nice UT like menu system, and the updated OpenGL rendering.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

maybe a good idea to note, that napali patched with 226b is almost equal to gold...and original napali is almost 224...
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
jack_schitt

Post by jack_schitt »

Ryan, I should've mentioned that I patched it to 226b, then applied the opengl patch after reinstalling. I guess, whatever works......

Smirftsch, you say 226b is almost gold. What differences are there between gold, and a patched napali ?
Also, thanks for the work you are putting into the patches. D3D is so poor in unreal (& ut). Opengl takes me back to '98 when I was playing unreal on my 3dfx voodoo1 card.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

i don't own a version of UnrealGold, so i can't say it exactly --> to be carefull i said it's almost the same --> at least with the maps its a lil bit different because napali doesn't contain the original Unreal maps....:)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
jack_schitt

Post by jack_schitt »

Nosey sod aren't I ;)

Return to “OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament”