For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Resolution array too small

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Resolution array too small

Post by Hyper »

This limitation is also present in the older Unreal versions: When you have a monitor/videocard in your system that supports many different screen resolutions, Unreal will only display a limited number of them in the options menu (Both in Gold menu and classic menu). The array is filled from lowest resolution to highest, so the highest resolutions are not displayed and cannot be set via the menu. (Or it gives unpredictable results)

Higher resolutions can still be set via the 'setres' command or by editing Unreal.ini.

Update: At a certain moment the menu showed multiple resolutions in one choice. When I set it the client crashed:
ScriptLog: HideConsole()
ScriptLog: jczConsole leaving UWindow state
ScriptLog: jczConsole entering Menuing
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-1/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-2/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-3/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-4/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-5/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-6/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-7/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-8/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-9/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-10/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-11/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-12/16)
[...]
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-121541/16)
Error: UnrealVideoMenu dasacellars.UnrealVideoMenu4 (Function UnrealShare.UnrealVideoMenu.ProcessLeft:00C3) Accessed array 'Resolutions' out of bounds (-121542/16)
end task>>>
Last edited by Hyper on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Resolution array too small

Post by Smirftsch »

I see only an Uscript definition of "Resolutions", which is set to 16- but 16 really should be enough- easy to change it to 32 or so, but which card supports more than 16 different resolutions- you sure this is the problem?
Did you check if it appears with UMenu Console as well?
Last edited by Smirftsch on Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

I see only an Uscript definition of "Resolutions", which is set to 16- but 16 really should be enough- easy to change it to 32 or so, but which card supports more than 16 different resolutions- you sure this is the problem?
Did you check if it appears with UMenu Console as well?
I'm sure this is the problem. I took a look at the UT menu and it shows the following available resolutions on my system:

640x480
720x480
720x576
800x600
848x480
960x600
1024x768
1125x864
1280x720
1280x768
1280x800
1280x960
1280x1024
1360x720
1600x1200
1600x1050
1920x1080
1920x1200

Please note the the lower resolutions 320x240, 400x300 and 512x384 are not shown in the UT list but they do exist and work in Unreal 1.
Also please note that resolutions higher than 1920x1200 are not shown because my monitor does not support them. (The 30" TFT screens support even higher resolutions)

So if you count the list comes to 21 on my system, which is higher than fits in the array. An increased array of 32 should fix the problem.

I did NOT yet test the umenu screen of 227 but I do know that the problem also exists in the Unreal Gold menu.

Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

ok, changed to 32 in unreal console, need to dig it up yet in umenu
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

from what I see, it should work just fine in UMenu, could you verify please?
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

from what I see, it should work just fine in UMenu, could you verify please?
Yes, I can verify that it works in the UMenu Windows interface.

Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

ok, then this can be closed as well- fixed :P

Return to “Unreal 227”