For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Proxy mines

Anything related to the Infiltration-Mod
Inqueision

Proxy mines

Post by Inqueision »

hummm ive neva got da hang of these i thought a proxy minez waz designed to explode if sum 1 goes near it but this doesn't work it only explodes when u pick one up the lay it where u waz then shoot at it! is there sum key bind i ave to put in to make them remote explode? plez shed sum light on this as i am confused to what kind of weapon it really is a mine that u have to shoot to explode or what?? cheers mukas
Shambler
OldUnreal Member

Re: Proxy mines

Post by Shambler »

I assume you mean in Inf_DM?
The mines were originally coded for the teamplay modes & about the only time they come in usefull in DM is when you want to nail some1 who coming up your a$$! (turn quick & shoot em while hes comin)
It's on my list of fixes for the next version (if I ever find the time for it that is)...

~[Sixpack]Shambler
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

I'm not quite sure HOW or WHAT you want to fix.. umm... in DM they are really nasty if someone spews them all over the place. And in team I can never tell which team put them there so next moment I can either go on or it makes BOOM, nice Russion Roulette LMAO :) :P
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Shambler
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shambler »

Hehe, I play Standoff most of the time & whenever I see a mine in my way that I don't know who own's I usually shoot it to avoid damage:)
The thing I want to fix in DM is I want to have the mine explode for EVERYONE except the player who put it there! (I don't understand what you mean by how though? I've been working on improving Infiltration for over a year, just haven't tested a succesfull patch in DM yet)

~[Sixpack]Shambler
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

AHahaha sorry :P

I'm a bit slow sometimes :O hehehe

I forgot the damn mines also explode for YOU in DM owie yes hahaha...

But you know what I really wanted to see? Since the graphic stuff etc always stays the same, I would prefer Infiltration in the way RealCTF is made. Code parts, graphic and multimedia in separate packages. Because like this, for each new Infiltration release I need to download 5 or 8 megs AGAIN AND AGAIN, even if you only changed (for example) those mines...

But I know once the packages are made up you better leave it as they are... (never touch a runnin'....) It's the same with Serpentine... oh well I should stop rambling. Luckily, my INF stuff only is a few k :)
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Shambler
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shambler »

With TurboMan helping me with extracting the meshes from Inf I plan on having all the media/code/gametypes/cheat-protection/native-stuff (if I get round to C++) in seperate packages without any problems!:)
Then patching Inf will become 10x easier for me aswell, plus...Since I have to code Inf in U-ed all the time (god help me) there should be a noticable reduction in bugs when I finnaly get to use UCC!

~[Sixpack]Shambler

Return to “Infiltration-Board”