For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

ini entry to force vsync in opengl

Questions, Tips&Tricks for the special patches
Etern@l

ini entry to force vsync in opengl

Post by Etern@l »

Hi,

First Great job for the ogl driver, it rocks !!

I have juste a wish ;)

I'd like forcing vsync in ogl from a variable in the ini. Is it possible ?

I know it can be done in the driver but, shame on me, I play also Quake 3 a lot and I need vsync off in q3. I'd like not to swap the setting in my driver each time I change game.

I have set the driver (radeon 3.7) to default vsync on (application preference) with rage 3D tweaker, but it does not work with the unreal opengl patch (guess that vsync off is hard coded somewhere).

The only way to force vsync on in unreal is to set the driver on always vsync but in this case the Q3 variable can't bypass the setting and I have vsync on in Q3...

Thanks again !

Etern@l

hund_schraube
OldUnreal Member

Re: ini entry to force vsync in opengl

Post by hund_schraube »

UseVSync=true
mario64

Post by mario64 »

Thank you SO much! I can't tell you how long I've been looking for a way to enable vsynch using this renderer without having to change vsynch to "always on" in my video card drivers. Woo Hoo!!! ;D

Mario64
Etern@l

Post by Etern@l »

Hello,

Sorry to say that UseVSync=true works only with the D3D driver, I'd like enabling vsync in openGL driver.

Thanks for the try anyway !

Etern@l
mario64

Post by mario64 »

Hello,

Sorry to say that UseVSync=true works only with the D3D driver, I'd like enabling vsync in openGL driver.

Thanks for the try anyway !

Etern@l
It works just fine for me using this site's openGL renderer. Maybe it's an issue with the 3.7 CATs. Have you tried any other drivers? I'm using the 3.5 hotfixes.

Mario64
node357

Post by node357 »

I have tried everything I can to enable VSync in OpenGL mode. UseVSync=True in the ini file, Changing swapinterval values between -1 and 3, and finally attempting to force in NVIDIA control panel. Nothing works. I simply can't get vsync here.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

SwapInterval - [Integer]
Controls V Sync. If set to the default value of -1, the default buffer swapping method is used. Set to 0 to disable V Sync. Set to 1 to enable V Sync. Set to higher values for one frame every N screen refreshes. Not all video drivers support values higher than 1.

Other than that there is nothing more. Maybe buggy driver? Seems to work fine so far on any machine I tried.
Last edited by Smirftsch on Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
LeXa2 (A. Loukianov)
OldUnreal Member

Post by LeXa2 (A. Loukianov) »

Posting here to report that with 227e under linux there are problems controlling AA quality and vsync using UnrealLinux.ini file. It simply don't work no matter the values I specify in SwapInterval, UseAA, NumAASamples and AAFilterHint. Forcing AA and VSync using nVIDIA X Server Settings (driver control panel) works. Unfortunately enabling vsync seems to introduce slight mouse input lag. It is very slight but I can 'sense' it after many years spent playing 3d shooters.

Trying to use 227f OpenGLDrv with 227e leads to game starting up correctly but showing no graphical output at all (i.e. blank black screen). As 227g is (hopefully) very near this report is just an "informational" one and I will re-test the problem as soon as 227g would be available to download.
Last edited by LeXa2 (A. Loukianov) on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeXa2 (A. Loukianov)
OldUnreal Member

Post by LeXa2 (A. Loukianov) »

Upd. Finally got 227f to start up without sigsegv on my system and checked if the problem with enabling vsync/AA using UnrealLinux.ini affects this version too. Unfortunately it does. The only way to get 227f use vsync and antialiasing on my linux box was to force both of them with nVIDIA driver control panel.

Return to “OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament”