For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

How to disable player movement?

Ask UnrealEd 2 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
sedrosken

How to disable player movement?

Post by sedrosken »

I've gotten ahold of the UT-Logo-Map and Entry.unr files from the 222 Beta of UT, and they mostly work, but they enable player movement and I can run around in the map which I'm not supposed to be able to do. All I want to do is disable movement of both the player and camera (and, if needed, point the camera in the correct direction by default). I want to use the beta versions of those because I find the spinning U logo to be more visually interesting than a 2D render of the game title.
Rocky
OldUnreal Member

Re: How to disable player movement?

Post by Rocky »

Just guessing. Maybe the problem is in the default game type of those maps. Can you open those beta maps in editor and check the default game type in level properties?
sedrosken

Post by sedrosken »

Sorry for the late reply, but in DefaultGameType under LevelInfo, it says it's Class'Botpack.UTIntro' which matches the actual UT-Logo-Map.unr.
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Shoot them.

It usually stops them from moving, for a little while.

Return to “UnrealEd 2, the editor for UnrealTournament”