For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Forum for other UE1 games besides Unreal & UT

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
StalwartUK

Forum for other UE1 games besides Unreal & UT

Post by StalwartUK »

Would it be possible for OldUnreal to have a forum for other UE1 (the engine that Unreal uses) games? I know that some of these have their own official forums (i.e. Rune) but most (like Klingon Honor Guard) don't even have their own websites. It would be nice if there was a forum to discuss about them and custom user-created stuff for them.

Most of these have no definate place to discuss about them.

These are a few examples:
  • Klingon Honor Guard
  • Wheel of Time
  • Rune
  • Deus Ex
  • DS9: The Fallen
  • Etc.
I'm aware that most of these other games are not widely known. And don't expect to have me to moderate it since I don't much about most of them (I only have KHG, Rune, Deus Ex and DS9: The Fallen) but I do know alot about KHG (well more than 99.9% of the world's population anyway).

If you want to get the full list of UE1 games go [url=http://www.unrealtechnology.com/flash/powered/released.shtml]here[/url] and scroll down to "First Generation Titles".
Last edited by StalwartUK on Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StalwartUK

Re: Forums for other UE1 games besides Unreal & UT

Post by StalwartUK »

This is a serious suggestion I am making for these forums, no need to ignore.
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

Well, maybe i shall seek out some of them games. I am a big fan of star trek and those DS9 and Klingon games sound cool.

Does anyone know the origins of the game Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force? That reminded me alot of the unreal engine while i was playing it, maybe it also has its roots in one unreal engine or another.
As much as i try, i cannot seem to think of an interesting and amusing signature...I blame the stupid fools who stole all my ideas for decent signatures...

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
StalwartUK

Post by StalwartUK »

Well, maybe i shall seek out some of them games. I am a big fan of star trek and those DS9 and Klingon games sound cool.
Both EF and KHG are good games, they both have good stories and levels but KHG just sees a little more "hardcore" and most of the levels have like 100+ enemies. :P
Does anyone know the origins of the game Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force? That reminded me alot of the unreal engine while i was playing it, maybe it also has its roots in one unreal engine or another.
Nah, Elite Force is based on the Quake III engine. :P

There are not many Star Trek FPS's around. :P
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

Anyways i'm not sure if its a good idea to include any other games than Unreal. To be honest, i'm even a little against UT forums on this board. It was nicer when it was solely for Unreal.
As much as i try, i cannot seem to think of an interesting and amusing signature...I blame the stupid fools who stole all my ideas for decent signatures...

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

why seperate forums for each seperate game? its such a huge waste considering there are about 20 ue1 games and probably about 2 people on this forum played all of them, why not have one big forum called something like "other unreal engine 1 games" where we can discuss everything from deus ex to nerf arena blast.
Last edited by Turboman. on Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StalwartUK

Post by StalwartUK »

why seperate forums for each seperate game? its such a huge waste considering there are about 20 ue1 games and probably about 2 people on this forum played all of them, why not have one big forum called something like "other unreal engine 1 games" where we can discuss everything from deus ex to nerf arena blast.
I never thought of having just one forum for the games, sounds alot more feasible and sensible.
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

[img]http://www.oldunreal.com/forum/YaBBImages/thumbup.gif[/img]
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Re: Forum for other UE1 games besides Unreal & UT

Post by Xavious »

Like i said in the UEd 2 forum, i agree with the Turbo on this.

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

so uhmm, out of curiousity, has anyone here ever played any other unreal engine 1 game?

the most recent game i tried is klingon honor guard, which despite having a decent attempt at a cool budget game it was also horrible, visually it was not worthy of unreal engine as design was uber primitive like it belonged in the doom2/duke3d era, although the spacewalk scenes were cool.

a few years ago i tried rune, imo the game sucks major balls, it has pretty design but gameplay gets UBER repetetive (hack slash, move on, hack slash, move on) after the first 15 minutes, and goes on like that for hours, multiplayer was fun though, if i only didnt get owned by EVERY person in the game :P

deep space nine is among the better unreal engine games, the quality of gamedesign in here is really good, animations, graphics, gameplay has really been polished well, problem is it also gets a bit repetetive after awhile (not as bad as rune though).

i also played nerf arena blast, which is a deathmatch game like ut, while it also looks ugly as in khg quality i found it to be more fun to play then UT (with bots, since multiplayer in this game has been long dead).

adventure pinball is allright, i'm not all too fond of pinball games, but definately the most unique use of the unreal engine (made by DE, who were responsible for both unreal and ut).

i also tried wheel of time, which was done by legend entertainment (who did rtnp and unreal2), imo gameplay is just allright but visually i found this to be the most amazing unreal engine game (drool, amazing valleys and cathedrals  :o )

deus ex is a masterpiece, nuff said, if you havent played this one you must have been living under a rock  :P
Last edited by Turboman. on Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

Surprising that Dues Ex used the Unreal engine in the first place, i thought, considering it was among the first PS2 games, and the PS2 can handle so much more.

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

Surprising that Dues Ex used the Unreal engine in the first place, i thought, considering it was among the first PS2 games, and the PS2 can handle so much more.
afaik the ps2 version of deus ex is alot different from the pc version, due to its lack of sufficient RAM, levels have been greatly reduced in size or split into pieces , geometry and texture resolutions have been simplified.(same thing has been done to ps2 UT).
Last edited by Turboman. on Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Anything else ?”