For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

how to make curved corridor

Ask UnrealEd 1 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
Dozey
OldUnreal Member

how to make curved corridor

Post by Dozey »

I was really impressed by this types of corridors. Is there an another option to make this without 2D shape editor??

This types of corridors are in CTF-Command map in classic UT99.
Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Re: how to make curved corridor

Post by Gizzy »

I would assume the 2D shape editor is used to create that kind of geometry. You could try vertex editing or modelling it yourself and importing it as a staticmesh
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

I was really impressed by this types of corridors. Is there an another option to make this without 2D shape editor??
No.

Except if you think writing your brush by hand in notepad is an option. The 2DShape editor is made specifically for this and does it well. How do you think classic UT99 made them ? 2D Shape editor. You could also do it in a 3D Software, but really, why would you it in a way that is longer, less optimised, with potential for tons of bugs when the 2D Shape will let you make these in a couple of clics ?
You must construct additional pylons.
Dozey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dozey »

I thought that there is another way. Ok thank's guys.

Return to “UnrealEd, the editor for Unreal up to version  226”